No Sound input usb sound cards

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
moniquesmiths

Since a few months got myself a quite nice lighting system and a lot works fine with this great opensource program QLC+ I love it!

Main problem I have so far is that I can't get any sound input into QLC+ v 4.12.7 on a Windows 10 Pro N x64 system.
It doesn't work with any of my 4 soundcards even they show up all 4 in the IO-manager:
  • -Lexicon IO-82 USB
    -Lexicon IO-42 USB
    -Presonus USB96 USB
    -Realtek HD internal audio (Gigabyte Aorus b450 pro V1)
All soundcards works fine in Windows 10 Pro N x64, also the midi from the USB soundcards show up in IO-manager.
(except for the Presonus USB96 midi out)

Tryed a lot to get it to work like:
-updating drivers
-changing sample rates (44.1, 48, 96)
-changing all kind of windows audio settings
-all kind of input settings and combinations
-at diffrent universe
-at diffrent usb-ports

Once I tryed at my old Win7 Home laptop the audio trigger worked fine with only the build-in cheap soundcard...
Spended already too much time trying to solve this issue, anyone an idea or sollution to fix this?

Any help or suggestions would be highly appriciated, thanks already.....
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

It would help if you chose which audio card will be used for recording in your Windows audio settings.
Could you ensure both systems use the same sample rate (Windows and your hardware)?
Next, in QLC+, in the in-output tab, select the audio tab and enable this chosen audio input.
Press the play button to preview the signal with the level monitor.
It should work by design...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
moniquesmiths

GGGss wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm Welcome to the forum,

It would help if you chose which audio card will be used for recording in your Windows audio settings.
Could you ensure both systems use the same sample rate (Windows and your hardware)?
Next, in QLC+, in the in-output tab, select the audio tab and enable this chosen audio input.
Press the play button to preview the signal with the level monitor.
It should work by design...
Thanks for your answer...
Too bad, all soundcards can be chosen in the IO-manager but no audio can be detected with the audio test function.
No mather what I try with all the different (avanced) audio settings and sample rates both in Win10 and QLC+, audio trigger function doesn't work.
Sample rates like 24 bits - 44100, 48000, 96000, 16 bits - 44100, 48000, 96000.
External USB-soundcard input doesn't work eather, all soundcards do have a very high in/output, so that can't be the case.
Am as far as I know pretty good with pro live audio, and a bit with studio audio and not bad with my puter.

Again om my Win7 x32 laptop it worked flawless, with the build-in soundcard...
GGGss

Be aware that if another program is using your audio input, QLC+ cannot use (or as we say: fork) into it.
So if you are stating that other programs can use your audio input and QLC+ does not, there is something other going around ...
Start by simply using the inbuilt microphone ... tap the laptop case and a signal should arise.
You know, when in produce mode, you have to enable the audio-widget for it to start working?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

Did you check the Privacy Settings in Windows?
You need to give QLC access to your Microphone (read: one of your microphones, being the Input channel from one of your sound cards).

If i enable the Audiotrigger widget in QLC+ i (in run mode on Windows 10) a microphone icon will appear in my system tray.
If i disable the audiotrigger widget (or leave Run Mode) it disappears again.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"