Scenes not responding correctly

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
tonymoore

Hi

I have a MacBook running Sonoma - 14.1.2 and an Enttec interface

I used to use QLC+ a year or so back, but found it kept randomly crashing on me (on different Macs and even on PCs) - so I gave up using it. Recently I saw that it had been upgraded to 4.12.7 and thought I would try it again.

I set up one RGBW lamp to experiment.

I created a fixture then created a new scene and loaded the fixture ok

When I edited the lamp I could use the faders to set a light ( or trigger strobe etc)

However, once the scene was set, I couldn't stop it -
If I clicked away from the scene, it still carried on
If I turned the channels off - the lights stayed on
If I went into Show mode and used blackout the lights stayed on
If I tried to use the Master Fade the scene stayed on

Is this a bug with Sonoma - or am I just doing something stupid?

Thanks
Tony
kenact

Can you share your project?
GGGss

I guess that Tony uses Simple Desk. Simple Desk overrules everything else, so ensure all the red 'X'-es are reset.
An insight into your project would be welcome to debug.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
forresthopkinsa

I'm seeing this same behavior on MacOS Monterey 12.6.8, on a 2020 iMac, using QLC+ 4.13.0. Probably the only interesting thing about my showfile is that its only output is Artnet.

While editing scenes, after a few minutes of editing and switching between scenes in the function editor, one of them will just get stuck. Sometimes not even the whole scene will get stuck, only a few channels from it. DMX Monitor and Simple Desk both show that these channels are raised, even after the scene is dismissed and all functions are stopped.

If I override the channels in the Simple Desk, they respond appropriately; but when I revert SD control, the channels jump back to what they were from the scene.

Blackout button does not fix it. The channels are HTP. Switching to Operate mode and back doesn't fix it. The only fix I've found is quitting the program and restarting.

I used QLC+ for years (around 2014-2017) and never experienced this, so I'm slightly less inclined to believe this is user error :)

Showfile attached. You'll notice that it's pretty fresh; we only had a couple fixtures in this location until this week, so I couldn't say how long this bug has been occurring.
Attachments
Sunday Morning.qxw
(59.9 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Production Director for Coastline Church NW

Software Engineer at AWS S3
GGGss

Checked your project and it seems stable to me.
Only thing I couldn't test is the OSC inputs. I suspect that their may be something to look at?
Check with the DMX monitor for false OSC inputs?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore