Speed Dial Issues

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
MeDaZzA

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well!

I'm having a problem with using cues/chasers in the Virtual Console in conjunction with the speed dial. If I create them in the function menu and play back from there (using the small pay button), they work fine but as soon as I try to trigger from the Console they don't work as intended.

As a simply example,, I have a chase that changes a light from R>G>B>Y. I want each step to last a bar so I put 4 in the duration factor in the Speed Dial. Playing this back from the function list works perfectly but as soon as I go to the virtual console it breaks and the speed dial advances the chase each step, irrespective of the setting it's been given for this chase. This just makes the whole system unusable. I did some digging and found a few users asking for this to be fixed over the years.

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for this?

Thank you!
sbenejam

Can you share your workspace for troubleshot and test?.
GGGss

Yesterday, we did a tryout in a very synchronised piece, and exact timing was involved. The speed dials (7 pieces of them) are doing their job just fine ... I wonder what can influence timing in your project?
The divider by 4?
Do you know that total time = fade-in + hold + fade-out? If your __step__ time isn't long enough to cover the sum of the fade-times, you get cut-offs.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore