Induvial off in a collation.

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
DJMarlon

Thank you for your time with my question/issues.

I wan to turn off individual fixtures on the "Color Wheel" frame. So when the "GREEN" button is on, all fixtures are in green color. When I push the "BarOff" i want the two light bars in the collection to turn off and keep the rest running. However, pressing this button now turns off everything, except the laser.
Looking forwarded to hearing of a solution.
Attachments
Test.qxw
(72.59 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
MichelSliepenbeek

Your "BarOff" button is in the same Solo Frame as your "GREEN" button, so if you push your "BarOff", the Solo Frame will turn ""Green" Off.
If you put your "BarOff" button outside the Solo Frame, it will do what you expected.

If you are familiar with Boolean Algebra: a Solo Frame acts as an "OR" , while a Standard Frame behaves like an "AND".

Be aware that your "BarOff"Button is in all 3 solo frames, so right now it will turn off everything.

Some tips:
Read the manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/virtual-console/solo-frame

Only use Solo Frames in situations where Functions really should exclude each other. In all other cases use Standard Frames.

Be carefull when you use the same Function (even with different buttons or as part of different collections) more than once on your virtual console: if (at least) one of the occurences is in a Solo Frame, other functions might turn it off. In such situations, make a copy of your Scene (or other Function) and give it a specific name (e.g. "Wash Red"and "Wash Red Flash").
If you see Orange corners around buttons on your Virtual Console, you might consider them to be a warning for this kind of unwanted situations.

Don't try to control all channels of one fixture in the same scene. Create separate sets of scenes for Colors, Master level, Positions (for your Moving Heads), etc.
If you turn your lights off, you don't want your MovingHeads to also go to the 0 0 position and go back to their original position when again you turn your lights on.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"