Raspberry Pi 5

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
joinhomer

Are there any plans to support the new Raspberry Pi 5?
It doesn't support Debian Bullseye anymore and needs Debian Bookworm which seems to have problems with QLC+...
mcallegari

Raspberry Pi 5 support is not possible at the moment.
QLC+ builds fine on Bookworm but this time the Raspberry foundation released the hardware before completing all the necessary software integrations.
In particular, QLC+ makes use of Qt on eglfs and at the moment eglfs support is not present on RPi 5 because of the MESA package.
I'm waiting for version 23.3 to be released (which should happen in November) and see if the graphics stack is restored.
Obviously I will announce when RPi 5 support is working.
joinhomer

Please let me know if i can help you. I bought a Pi 5 just for QLC+ and now it's just sitting here until the software problems are solved, I'd love to be a beta tester.
DrB

I've been running QLC+ 4.12.6 on a pi 5 for a week now and it seems stable enough.
Had no issues creating fixtures and testing they work. What kind of action done in the app causes it to fail ?
Using a cheap ebay usb uDMX atm, but got a bitwizard hat ordered.
mcallegari

DrB wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:55 pm I've been running QLC+ 4.12.6 on a pi 5 for a week now and it seems stable enough.
I guess you mean "I manually installed the QLC+ Debian package on a vanilla RaspiOS image with desktop environment"?
That's an important bit to share with others, otherwise it seems the official image is working and I haven't announced it.
Nicko453

Long time QLC+ and RPi user here - very happy to beta test RPi 5 version too.