Am I pushing the limits of QLC+?

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
JimmyTheGeek

I am using QLC+ to run the lighting and sound in my Pro Wrestling promotion. I have one main program I keep all my information in - roughly 50 collections for performers' entry, 50 audio functions, 20 scenes and 20 functions. Works a treat. So I wanted to use it to add video...

...and that's where the problems started. I can start setting up video functions, get about 8 loaded, and it won't accept any more. Literally, it kicks me out of the program back to Windows or Linux. And when I try to run videos, I can run maybe 3-4 tops on screen 2 before it just comes up a black screen.

I have been through the forums. I have tried Win 10, Win 11, MX Linux, Kubuntu, and Neon. All the same. I have loaded the "Windows 10 codec pack" in windows that is supposed to cure the problems of CCCP or K-Lite. On Linux I've loades libqt5multimedia5-plugins. It makes absolutely no difference. Have I reached the limits of what QLC+ 4 is capable of? Is 5 any better?

Systems are various Dell Precision M6500/6600 running 1st or 2nd gen i7 with anywhere from 16-32 GB ram.

Not complaining about QLC+ at all. It's a phenomenal piece of work. I just want to know if anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.
kenact

One thing to try is, removing the codec pack, and convert your videos to native Windows WMV format. I have tried several video cueing systems. They all seem to use the K-Lite codec pack, and all share the same problem.
mcallegari

Watch this at 1:35
https://youtu.be/3h6W1qBh-ig?si=s8BSv85Oyez3N6cz

I played 4 videos with v5 on Linux 5 years ago, while recording the screen. No issues at all.
JimmyTheGeek

Thank you, Ken. I'll try that. I've tried K-Lite, Windows Codec Pack (recommended on another thread) and CCCP on Windows. CCCP seems to have the fewest problems but still hangs.

And thank you, Massimo. I've been looking for a motivator to convert over to v5, baby duck syndrome has prevented me from doing so thus far.
kenact

JimmyTheGeek wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:46 pm Thank you, Ken. I'll try that. I've tried K-Lite, Windows Codec Pack (recommended on another thread) and CCCP on Windows. CCCP seems to have the fewest problems but still hangs.
Just be advised, you'll have to uninstall K-Lite, or it will still be used. You'll probably have to uninstall CCCP as well.

I've used the WMV method in a production that had over 25 videos that needed to be played. All were set to 1920x1080, and ranged from 10s to 5m. They were in Chases, in Shows embedded in Chases and some assigned to buttons. This was the beginning of 2023, so I ran it on 4.12.6.