Make sure QLC+ doesn't do anything with network interface

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
ciacnorris

Hello,
for testing purposes I need to be sure that QLC+ doesn't interact in any way with the physical network interface, or at least doesn't send any packet through it, while still working with USB dmx (Enttec open usb dmx) and, possibly, receiving OSC by localhost (but I can go without that if needed).
What is the best way to achieve this on Windows 11?
Thanks
mcallegari

Hi, just remove the plugin files you don't need.
By the way, OSC does interact with the network...
ciacnorris

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me if (and how often) any of these plugins send any traffic from the physical network interface after startup?
I have problems with artnet led strips that are controlled by another software, running on the same machine as QLC+. Sometimes they randomly act as they are not receiving any artnet signal anymore, and I have been asked by the person who installed them to check that this not due to any interference caused by QLC+.
mcallegari

The QLC+ core doesn't use network interfaces at all.
Again, just remove the plugins you don't need by deleting the DLL files in the Plugins folder.
Network plugins, if it was not clear, are: Art-Net, E1.31, OS2L and OSC.
In any case, if you keep network plugins on, they just scan available network interfaces at startup but they send 0 packets out until you activate them as output.
If you still have doubts, use Wireshark to monitor the traffic on each interface.
GGGss

If you enable an Artnet or sACL protocol, there is one packet sent: the discovery packet. As long as you don't send output to these universes, there is zero network traffic. But QLC+ will interact with your other program when this one sends a discovery packet. This is by protocol design.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ciacnorris

Thanks again for all the infos