Newbie with doubts

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
80RedNecks

Hello everyone, how are you?

I play in an 80's cover band and we just started using QLC+ for our shows.

We have 4 moving heads, 2 vertical smoke machines and confetti and cold fire shooters, all of course with dmx.

We have purchased an "Enttec opendmx usb" and a dmx splitter.
At the moment we are starting to carry out tests, and everything is going well.

In the band we always (or almost always) play the songs with a metronome and as a keyboardist I use the program (cantabile software) to play live using VSTS.

Now comes the part of doubts, of which we have a thousand, haha.

-Our idea is to program all the lights and effects in QLC+ in such a way that, for example, when you start the metronome in "cantabile software" a show starts running in QLC+ for each song we play. All programming would go on the QLC+ show
We have achieved this using a program called LoopMidi and it works perfectly.
Do you recommend using this option? Or do you think there is a better option?

-We have some confetti and cold fire shooters that the only thing they have is on/off.
When creating the fixture we see that it must be created with a 256-value dimmer. Being 0 - 127 off and 128 to 255 on.
How could we execute that function simply by doing it with a button?

-Finally and for now, hehe...is there a 3D viewer or similar that is good so we can see from QLC+ what is being triggered and so on?

Thank you
Yestalgia

Hey there, thanks for using QLC+

LoopMidi is an integral part of my lighting stack, while not an officially supported extension it's definitely stable and works happily with QlC+

Create a scene at 0. Make this your startup scene.
Create a scene at 255. Put this on a button and set it to flash.
???
Profit

3D viewer is ready to play with in Version 5. You can connect v4 to v5 using artnet to see fixtures doing their thing. It takes a bit of config but you'll work it out.