eDMX2 MAX Support?

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
Zuvi

Hi There,

Have been experimenting with QLC+ and loving it - so thanks for your work!

I have an eDMX2 MAX device (chose the DMX King latest/greatest, hoping I don't regret it) and I'm having difficulty getting it working with QLC+ as an artnet device. I have it working with a number of other apps (Lightjams, Luminair & Photon 2 on iOS, Touchdesigner) - but for the life of me I can't seem to get it recognized for QLC+, though I can if I connect it directly as USB.

I saw this forum post which made me suspect you have to have some form of manual updating: viewtopic.php?t=16562

And subsequently I tried the beta versions of both 4 and 5 available there (much slicker UI in 5 I must say! :)).

Is there something device specific that I should be aware of? It's not on the supported list so I certainly couldn't fault you if it's not supported, but I had perhaps foolishly assumed you would be able to support the more recent devices as they come out from a primary vendor. Is it just a matter of time before it makes it into a build, or perhaps I'm missing something?

Happy to provide any logs/debugging. I'm a 20+ yr developer working on a wide variety of hardware devices, so no hesitation there, but certainly could have missed something obvious after a couple evenings of debugging.

Thanks again for the product and support!
mcallegari

Hi, MAX support is integrated but not released yet.
You need to use TEST versions until the next official release.
viewtopic.php?t=3135
Zuvi

Thanks for the reply. I tried both the QLC 4 (QLC+_4.12.8.36.exe) and QLC 5 beta versions there - neither connected to my eDMX2 MAX. Is that what you would expect there as well currently?

Appreciate the help regardless!
mcallegari

Do you have firmware 4.5+ as stated here?
https://www.qlcplus.org/discover/compatibility
Zuvi

Yes I do. Updated prior to testing.
mcallegari

I have uploaded an updated version for Windows.
Please try again with that one. Thanks