Button for acitvating variable color from chaser/matrix for a single light

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
gd360

Hello All,

I am currently re-doing my virtual console and was having an idea and was wondering, if it would be possible to achieve.
Perhaps you have an idea, I just started looking into the loopback function but cant get my head around coming up with a solution.

Right now I have a solo frame with fixed colors for e.g. LED Par 1, another solo Frame for LED Par 2 , ... lets say i got 8 lights.
That is quiet nice if you want to control each light seperatly but sometimes it is nice to lay over and RGB Matrix / Chaser effect to control multiple lights. Sometimes it would be nice to have just 2 lights on, sometimes 8 ... and also depending on the mood only set some lights manual and other via chaser/matrix.

My goal would be to have a kind of "variable" button, that will activate, that the light will take its color from a chaser.
my idea is, that there are e.g. 8 virtual clones of the lights and i can make a chaser for the virtual clone and in a solo frame i have the buttons for "color1", "color2", "color3", ... and also "copy the live color of your virtual clone".

I hope I was able to make it understandable, I would really appreciate any help.
hansjuergen

Maybe, that is what you are looking for

It is possible to do the same with virtual submaster dimmer channels on loopback which control a submaster faders:

1) Connect your two color selection to a loopback RGB device: R1, G1, B1, R2, G2, B2
2) Connect the VC matrix color 1 and color 2 to R1, G1, B1, R2, G2, B2 and play it to the matrix of choice
3) Put the Matrix in a frame with a VC submaster dimmer, connected to another loopback dimmer per Matrix, D1

Repeat that for every matrix / group you want to address

4) Create a VC frame with a on/off button which enables a scene which puts the dimmer D1 to full
5) Add a submaster "SM1" to the same frame, effectively controlling the connected matrix submasters connected to D1
6) Add a flash function button which triggers the D1 through a copy of the scene either inside the frame (controlled by the SM1 fader) or outside (no fader control)

Repeat that for every matrix group you want to control.

Hide the patch panel of the first block 1) to 3), you don't need anything which is controlled behind the loopback controls at the front.
spectral

Thanks so much for this!
I've been pondering this exact thing for months.