Adding custom fixtures: not showing in list

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
ahaans

Hi all,

Thanks for reading this. Any help is much appreciated. Reading the forum, I see that this is a recurring issue for many. Problem is that I do not see any of my custom fixtures, built with the editor, in QLC. I tried saving them everywhere including in the user folder of windows (C:\Users\MyUser\QLC+, and C:\Users\MyUser\QLC+\fixtures\...). I got the movinghead to work flawlesly by adjusting one of the default fixtures provided by QLC, but even when I save that under a different name in the above user folders, it will not appear. Hence it is not in the fixture file itself. Restarting windows and QLC, running in administrative mode; nothing seems to work.

Any help is much appreciated
MichelSliepenbeek

If you copy an existiing fixture, you need to Change the Manufacturer and/or Model name (first Tab in the Fixture Editor).
Otherwise QLC will not recognise it as being different from the Default fixture.

If you put something like "V2" behind the model name, (and put it in your User Fixture Library), it will show up (after restarting QLC).

As an alternative you could introduce AHFC (Antal Haans Fixture Company) as Manufacturer. :) :)
That way you can easily recognise your own profiles.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"