4.12.7 Running Show File Created in 4.11.2

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
ShagLight

I've been using 4.11.2 on Windows 10 for years with no problems. Tried later versions and always had problems, so I always went back to 4.11.2.

Then I saw 4.12.7 was available, so I thought I'd try it. No more problems that were in previous versions, and after a bit of tweaking, thought I had it working fine. This is with a show file that was originally created in version 4.11.2.

Then I hooked it up to one of my light shows and got a little weirdness. It acted like it didn't want to send out data when in play mode on the virtual console. After switching to edit mode an back to play mode once or twice, it then worked as it should.

Also, my moving head still positions didn't want to go to their desired position, until I switched to another position and back again.

I thought I read somewhere here if you're using a later 4.12.xxx version, it's best to build a show from scratch? Is this true? Or is it a bug or something I can change in the original show to make it work better with 4.12.7?

Attached is a screen shot of the virtual console I'm using.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
GGGss

ShagLight wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:41 am Also, my moving head still positions didn't want to go to their desired position, until I switched to another position and back again.

I thought I read somewhere here if you're using a later 4.12.xxx version, it's best to build a show from scratch? Is this true? Or is it a bug or something I can change in the original show to make it work better with 4.12.7?
1st: Please verify with the DMX monitor that values are sent... You need initial values before the DMX signal train starts...
Except for some altered functions, I cannot state that QLC+ isn't regression-capable. So you should be fine.
What is your DMX interface? The output side may need some attention.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ShagLight

DMX interface is a DMXking eDMX-1. When I revert to 4.11.2, everything is fine.

Also, the DMX monitor only works with RGB. My LED pars are RGBW, so the DMX monitor is of no use to me.
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
GGGss

The DMX monitor is very important to verify if DMX values are present. It doesn't matter if it's RGB or RGBW.
The values you get from 11.2 version should be the same of your 11.7 version.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore