Issue with loopback / dummy fader

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
dvthomas

Hello all,

I'm facing an issue I only have with my macbook proM2
I followed this discussion to create a fader that could interact on speed for chasers :viewtopic.php?t=14319

On RPI3 (version 4.12.7) or windows (version 4.12.6) I don't face the problem. It works as described.

My manipulations :
- create fixtures on universes 1 (real fixtures)
- create scene with fixtures from universe 1
- create a chaser with those scenes

In the Virtual console I add a button to launch / stop the chaser and a speedial to select the speed of the chaser.

Then I create a fixture (dymmy dimmer) in another universe (ex universe4).
I select loopback IN&OUT for universe 4
I go back into the Virtual console
I create a dimmer, and put it in level mode for the dummy dimmer

Finaly I open the speedial setup and try to map the "interval entry" with the channel 1 universe 4 (loopback universe, channel for the dummy dimmer)
The mapping does not work. The entry channel stays to "none".

If you need a video from my screen to explain the issue, I can make one in the next coming days.
Thanks a lot

[edit] I post it in usage issue specific to MACOS. If it should be redirected to "issue" folder, don't hesitate ]
Regards
GGGss

Have a look at the DMX monitor and verify what levels are sent... I have the suspicion that a fader in level mode in conjunction with the speed dial won't go right.
In stead of setting the speed in values ... could you try to use the tap function. (We all like to tap the tempo on consoles)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore