Trigger piezo

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
zik

Hi guys

I was wondering if it was possible to trigger a scene with a piezo. I have connected a piezo on GPIO 17. With a python script, i can see piezo is working fine when triggered. Some 1 values are coming out. In QLC+, i have tried to activate GPIO input in my universe, but i can't see any joystick when triggered. And in VC, i have set up manually (autodetect does not work) the external input (with 16, 17, 18 as channel), but still the same, nothing happens. Andy Idea welcome
zik

I suspect issue with gpio plugin. I use the last Maximo rpi image. Am i the only one who can not use gpio (piezo or push button) as input to trigger a button in VC? Thanks for the feedback
GGGss

* Did you set the switch so that GPIO is set as input? Have a look at the supplied .pdf
* Do you have dedicated extra hardware installed in your circuit? You __need__ to add at least a pull-up/pull-down resistor so that you get a definite signal. Since the rpi can be used in both scenarios (pulling up the input or pulling down the input), means the inputs stay in a 'uncertain' state as default. With the use of a resistor you make sure the signal will be interpreted correctly.
* Keep in mind that you need a rising edge for QLC+ to detect something. This implies that you need 2 rising edges before the next 'switch' signal will come active in QLC+.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
zik

Thanks for the answer.
Yes, gpio IS set as input in my universe.
I have connecter only piezo on gpio 17. I will try to add a resistor in my circuit. What kind of resistor do i need to add? Thanks for the help
GGGss

zik wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:01 pm Thanks for the answer.
Yes, gpio IS set as input in my universe.
I have connecter only piezo on gpio 17. I will try to add a resistor in my circuit. What kind of resistor do i need to add? Thanks for the help
Typical 1k or 2k2
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
zik

I have tried to add a resistor to my circuit. Still the same. I will i I will try another way, by simulating key shortcut.