eDrums triggering lights velocity sensitve

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
mprinz

Hi guys,

I need a final hint to get my LED PARs triggered velocity sensitive by the edrum MIDI messages.

So, can trigger them in button mode. Working fine. Some scences in a soloframe + kick and other drums as buttons outside of that frame.

Today I learned, to get a velocity sensitive triggering together with fading I have to use a frame with a fader in submaster mode plus any function.
But I didn't get it. What is the exact config to trigger a LED PAR chaser (with fade, I like this kind of after glow effect when hitting) but velocity sensitive.

Thanks a lot for a short comment, mates!

I only got to threads with "edrums" and a few with "drums" and/or "velocity"?
That's strange. I love blinking lights!
GGGss

mprinz wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:00 pm velocity sensitive
Sensitive means adoptable, adoptable means setting the fade-out time. Setting a fade out time dynamically is done by the Speed Dial widget.
So what if you create a slider on your VC and add the midi input to that ... does this slider react on velocity messages? If so, then a little Loopback Magic could set the Speed Dial and this would influence the fade-out time of a function.
But now I'm a little worried that all will come in time. Setting a fade-time after a function is called ... I'm not sure it will respect the changed time when the function is released again.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mprinz

No, sorry!
adoptable in my case is intensity. So, hitting the snare hard -> bright light and subtle hit -> dimmed light.
Yestalgia

Perhaps a submaster linked to velocity?
mprinz

Dude, that's what I did. :-)

It's submaster linked to a note an/off message + velocity in a frame with an on/off button with the corresponding function.