2D/3D view as a widget for virtual console. (QLC+ 5)

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
danielmanea98

Hi, I'm reposting here a request I made by replying to some QLC+ instagram stories, i.e. the implementation of the possibility of inserting 2D/3D views as widgets inside the virtual console.

The reasons for this request are mainly:

I state, currently you can detach the 2D or 3D view (in the "fixtures and functions" section by right-clicking on the "2D view" or "3D view" icon) one at a time and make it windowed.

Precise, for example, if I want to have a "Top", "Front", "Right", "Left" view in 4 separate windows, currently I can't, because I can only choose 1 2D point of view. Also, there is no ability to fix the detached window screen, thus creating the problem that when I re-click the QLC+ main screen the detached 2D viewpoint screen "disappears" behind it.

So let's say that being able to insert the views as widgets inside the virtual console would give the possibility to create a personalized composition of the points of view according to one's relative needs.

This feature would also be very useful for those who don't have a secondary monitor/screen and need to view 2D/3D viewpoints and the virtual console at the same time in a convenient and organized way.

I also specify that it may be that by programming or modifying QLC+ it is already possible to obtain this result in some way, but I am not an expert programming user and it is good that this proposed function, like many other important ones already present, are usable, intuitive and reachable even by those who are not experts in the field of programming.

To be clear, I created a photo montage to give an idea of ​​what the result of this new widget could look like:

p.s in each screen of the widget I added a dropdown menu where you can select them between "2D Top", "2D Front", "2D Right", "2D Left" and "3D".
[In italian lenguage: "Vista dall'alto" (Top), "Vista frontale" (Frontal) e "Vista 3D (3D)]

Thank you so much for the work you do and the time you dedicate.

Have a nice day/evening.

A greeting,
Daniel.
Attachments
Widget view 2D/3D proposal
Widget view 2D/3D proposal