Virtual Console no horizontal scroll bar

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Hambone

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 fully updated as of the time of this posting, QLC+ 4.1.7 (but also experienced in 4.1.2)

I'm running into some display trouble. My screen resolution is 2160x1440 with DPI scaling set at 150%. I have several workspaces that have virtual consoles built with a size of 3840x2160, that I was able to work with just fine in the past on this same system running version 4.1.2. I wound up taking a break from QLC for a while and went to get back into it today. When I opened my main workspace, I noticed that I am not able to access half the widgets because there is no horizontal scroll bar. The vertical scroll bar is there and works as expected. I should note that the last time I opened QLC+ (this specific installation) a little over a year ago the scroll bars were both there.

First thing I did was check for a new version of QLC+, found 4.1.7 and installed it on top of the 4.1.2 installation. That didn't solve the problem. I then found a form post that lead to item 7 in the FAQ about setting QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 to help with font size on high-res screens and that made the problem significantly worse - now all the widgets are HUGE so I can see even fewer of them, but I still can't scroll horizontally. The scale factor change also broke the universe input and output profile displays on the I/O tab, and also seems to be irreversible - setting the scale factor to 0 and unsetting it completely have no effect. Edit: nevermind, a reboot solved the scaling problem.

I've tried changing the size of the virtual console both larger and smaller (in QLC+ and manually in the workspace file), as well as creating entirely new workspaces and changing system screen DPI scaling down to 100%. I've also tried switching between normal window mode, maximized window mode, and fullscreen mode. Nothing I do seems to make the horizontal scroll bar appear.

Has anyone else run into these issues? Am I missing something glaringly simple? Any help would be appreciated!
kenact

"First thing I did was check for a new version of QLC+, found 4.1.7 and installed it on top of the 4.1.2 installation."

It's recommended to uninstall the previous version, before installing a new one.