Weird behaviour regarding Monitring faders and scene buttons

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
EinsPerson

Hi,, I'm having a really weird issue in 4.12.7 on Win11:
I set up a monitor fader in the virtual console, and it keeps setting its own return value (the green bar).It seems to update the channel, then detects the channel was updated, and reads that value as the "non-overridden" value.
I noticed this behauvior expands to my strobe monitor fader, however, if I run a scene which sets the affected channels to 0, it works as intended.
It gets even weirder: if i try this with the zoom fader, the button just deselects itself, even when not in any soloframe. However, any other scene-button (i.e. for an EFX) still works as intended. I have no idea what could be the problem, and I have been staring at this for almost an entire day now.
GGGss

Are there external signals bound to these controls?
A monitored fader typically is used when an external input influences the fader, and a user still wants to override this external value by an internal one...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
EinsPerson

No, I have no input channels bound to anything. I like to use monitoring faders for easily customizing upon scenes.
Also, some additional info: this issue does not extend to the dimmer fader (not even in the weird way of the aformentioned strobe fader).
The issue with the monitoring fader extends to newly created projects,so its porbably an issue with the code. However, the button problem does not persist. Could that be related to multi-page solo-frames?
Also, for clarity: The fixture in question is an eurolight TMH-X5, and the project is attached.
Attachments
Schuldisco.qxw
(136.32 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
GGGss

Without having a look to your project: did you reuse a scene in the solo frames in the multiple pages?
That is a bad thing... even though when a page is in the background, selecting the scene on page 1 will eventually reset the chosen scenes on the other pages... (when the page is selected)
The reuse of a scene inside multiple solo frames has its purpose, but now it works against your logic.

I guess you will have to think about using LTP for intensity channels... The Latest value sent will be the one used. This surely will help your monitoring setup. Standard intensity channels use HTP and the Highest value wins, so lowering your monitored slider won't give the wanted result, because the (higher) value from the scene still wins.
I noticed this behavior expands to my strobe monitor fader, however, if I run a scene which sets the affected channels to 0, it works as intended.
That is because chutter channels are default set to LTP.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
EinsPerson

Ok, nevermind. Im just dumb. I didn't bind the Zoom0 function to any devices, so it could not do anything. Good to know for the future: If the scene button deactivates itself, ithe scene is not bound to any channels. Thanks anyway (also, I now know waht HTP and LTP stand for)!
MichelSliepenbeek

Let's do a small experiment.
Create two buttons in a solo frame (red) and link them to Scene A and Scene B.
Create two buttons in a standard frame (blue) and link them to the same Scene A and Scene B.

You should notice that when you click scene A in the Standard frame it gets active (it gets a green border, but it also gets a yellow border in the solo frame), but when you now click scene B in the standard frame, scene A will be deactivated.
The lesson to learn from this experiment is, that you should only use a solo frame when you need one.

Your workspace is full of Solo Frames you don't need, don't be surprised to get weird behaviour.

Now it's time for another small experiment:
Create two sliders, put them both in Level mode and link them both to the same channel of the same fixture.
How should QLC react to this conflicting situation?
In some situations it will ignore the first slider you created and only react to the second one, in other situations it might even crash.
You can't expect QLC to find a solution in those situations, it is your task as a designer to avoid those conflicts.

Your workspace is really full of those conflicts, don't be surprised to get weird behaviour.
It's better/safer to create some scenes and then use your sliders in Playback mode or Submaster Mode.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"