change EFX size with fader

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ShagLight

OK, I figured out how to adjust X/Y size from the center with 6 sliders.

Use the red faders (You'll want to limit the lower value to keep the XY pad handles from crossing.

I'm thinking hide the blue sliders behind the XY pad.

If you want to adjust both the width and height simultaneously, you'll need to add a 7th slider and a 7th dimmer.

Attached is my file and input profile.
Attachments
XYLoopback-Sliders.qxi
(817 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times
XY Loopback Test.qxw
(8.72 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
DJKilli

Hallo,

Ich bin DJ und benutze QLC+ schon seit einigen Jahren. Bei dem Thema Loopback stehe ich aber leider noch am Anfang.

Ich habe die Einstellungen aus der Loopback Easy Example 2.qxw von Michael Sliepenbeek in meine bestehende .qxw übernommen. Natürlich auch die .qxi und .qxmt Dateien. Vielen Dank vorab für die Mühe.

Bei mir habe ich alle auswählbaren EFX in einem Chaser gepackt und alle 15 Sekunden ändert sich der EFX per Zufallsprinzip. Das ganze natürlich mit Gobos und Farben gepaart.
Soweit so gut. Ich kann jetzt wunderbar die Position der Moving Heads an den jeweiligen Locations mittels Pan und Tilt Slider anpassen.
Und was jetzt richtig gut ist, die Geschwindigkeit der EFX mit einem Slider variieren zu können, ohne in jedes einzelne EFX bei Funktionen reingehen zu müssen, um da die Geschwindigkeit zu ändern.

Das Problem ist jetzt aber immer noch die Größe der EFX. Diese lässt sich mit einem Slider nur verändern, wenn man sie alle in den Voreinstellungen des XY Pads einträgt und dort anklickt.
Das ist für meine Zwecke aber ungünstig, da ich sie ja per Chaser die ganze Zeit einfach durchlaufen lasse. Ich will ja nicht alle paar Sekunden auf die Buttons im XY Pad drücken müssen, um mal den EFX zu wechseln.

Hat da zufällig jemand noch einen Lösungsansatz für mich?
Kann man die Größe der EFX in dem Chaser ändern, ohne dass sie alle in den Voreinstellungen des XY Pads eingetragen sind und dort angeklickt werden müssen?
janosvitok

Hallo,

kannst Du das auf Englisch schreiben bitte?
Danke,

Jano
mcallegari

Guys, this is an international forum. If we want to talk to each other let's please use the English language.
DJKilli

Sorry

Hello,

I am a DJ and have been using QLC+ for several years now. When it comes to the topic of loopback I am unfortunately still at the beginning.

I have the settings from the Loopback Easy Example 2. qxw of Michel Sliepenbeek in my existing. qxw taken over. Of course , so are they . qxi and . qxmt files. Thank you in advance for the effort.

With me I packed all selectable EFX in a chaser and every 15 seconds the EFX changes randomly. All of course paired with gobos and colors.
So far, so good. I can now perfectly adjust the position of the moving heads at the respective locations using Pan and Tilt Slider.
And what's really good is to be able to vary the speed of the EFX with a slider without having to go into every single EFX in order to change the speed.

The problem is still the size of the EFX. These can only be changed with a slider, if you enter them all in the presettings of the XY pad and click there.
But this is unfavorable for my purposes, since I just let them go through by chaser all the time. I do not want to have to press every few seconds on the buttons in the XY pad to change times the EFX.

By any chance, does anyone have a solution for me?
Is it possible to change the size of the EFX in the chaser without having to click them all in the presets of the XY pad?
Last edited by DJKilli on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
MichelSliepenbeek

Oops, you did not translate everything!

My name is Michel (not Michael). :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
DJKilli

Oh sorry, I corrected it.
MichelSliepenbeek

:) You can only change the size of your EFX's if you use a XY Pad.

If you go to the Presets tab of your XY Pad and click on one of the EFX's you have added, you see at the bottom, that you can define an External Control (so basically you can turn it on and off with loopback, in the same way you would do with a button on your VC).

What you need to do is:
- Add all the EFX's you want to use to your XY-pad (tip: use short "preset names", otherwise your XY pad is going to take a lot of space).
- create as many Loopback channels as you have EFX's in your XY Pad (give them meaningfull names and also add them to your Input Profile).
- create a Scene or Sequences for each Loopback Channel (i prefer to use a low high sequence for this).
- now in your XY Pad, for each EFX attach a (specific) loopback Channel as External Control.
- finally create a chaser with the relevant loopback Scenes/Sequences and set it to Random.

Now you have "the best of both worlds".

I you have a lot of EFX's this might seam to be a lot of work, but with some clever "copy-pasting" it is not as hard as it looks.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
DJKilli

Oh ha, if you have the time to do it again, could you create a little example.qxw again?
Last edited by DJKilli on Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.