Can any developer help make a simple modification to QLC for me?

nmaddix

Hi, I'm in the middle of a time sensitive project and because of my workflow with other applications that I connect to QLC I have a couple small changes to the UI that would help me immensely.

I'm under intense time pressure on a project right now so I don't have time to explore the changes myself but someone who is already set up to build QLC (Windows) from source could probably do this quickly.

What I need is simple. I use sliders in the virtual console to receive OSC commands from other software. The challenge is the workflow in auto detecting the OSC message to set the input channel. It's a pain since I have hundreds of these to do and my tendons are already suffering from the repetitive strain.

Currently I have to double click the slider to open the widget properties dialog box, copy the name of the slider to the clipboard. Paste it into a web tool which removes the spaces, copy the space-free value from there into an OSC sender tool, click "Auto detect" in QLC, switch back, send the OSC message, and then switch back to QLC to close the slider widget dialog box and hence store the new configuration.

So in summary I want a new button on the slider widget properties dialog first page that takes the widget name, removes spaces from it, then sets the input channel to the correct corresponding number and sets the input universe to 2.

Can anyone help me with this? Open to all forms of working together, feel free to DM. Again, time is of the essence as I have a show I'm preparing for in a few days. Thanks!
GGGss

And you never heard about an input profile?
If you open your project with a text editor, you easily can speed up things drastically.
Once you discover the structure of the file (it's kinda a .XML) and how the building blocks are configured, you easily can do the needed changes there.
(Create backup before editing, you break the structure of the file, you break your project).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
nmaddix

Thanks. Not sure how an input profile would help me but I'm open to learning.

I have been editing the project file but this doesn't help me in my workflow. It takes about 5 minutes to load my project each time due to its size.

Regardless, I'm working on some automation using Auto Hot Key and I think that will do it for me instead of rebuilding QLC.