Possible glitch when copying and pasting buttons and sliders with blank label

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Nicola

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I personally find it a bit unpractical.

In the Virtual console, when I copy and paste buttons and sliders which have a label that was left intentionally blank, the copied version instead of having a blank label, has a newly created label showing the progressive numbering of the widget.
Also for some reason if one of such buttons is associated to a function, in the properties of the pasted button the label indicates the name of the function and not what appears one the button.

Now, I understand this is not a huge deal, but when one happens to have to copy and paste tens or hundreds of buttons that had an empty label, he would have to edit manually each one of them to remove the new label.
I understand that this may be a wanted feature of the software, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't see the point of it...

GGGss

And welcome to the forum.
In this case, I would open the project file in a text editor and perform a find and replace action. Luckily all those buttons start with 'Pulsante' and a 3 to 4 digit number. Clever use of search filters (regular expressions) will clear these labels in no time.
Be advised: take a backup first: if you break the structure of the file, you break your project.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

You're not the only one. :) :(

Hold the SHIFT button and then use the left-click to "multi-select" all the buttons you're not hapyy with, then do a right-click in one of the selected buttons, select "Rename Widget", press Delete and Enter.

Shift-Click-Rename.jpg
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Nicola

Thanks for the useful answers, I didn't notice one could rename multiple buttons at once. It's definitely quicker.