MIDI Bus assignments not stored/read correctly

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
pnolle

Hi,

I have an issue using the MIDI IAC driver on a Mac with 2 buses, which are fed from Ableton Live. Both buses are visible in Qlc+ 4.12.6 as '1: IAC-Treiber' and '2: IAC-Treiber' (which means Driver in the German version).

When I store my config with one universe set to bus 1 and another set to bus 2, everything will be messed up after reloading the project. It's hard to give an exact description, but I'm sure that MIDI is correctly going out from Ableton and - I tried a lot of clicking in Qlc+ - sometimes I can even see the knobs moving in the console, but they're not being sent out. To make it short: Things just won't work.

To get a reproducible scenario, I tried to strip it down and this is what I came up with:

1. Store a project with only one universe set to IAC bus 2. The config file will have an entry 'Line="1"' in the Input Plugin Tag of that universe.
01_IAC-bus2_Line1.png
2. Re-open the same project: The checkbox on that universe is set on IAC bus 1.
02_reopened_Line1-becomes-IAC-bus1.png
3. Store the project: The entry in the config file is reset to 'Line="0"'.
03_saving-IAC-bus1-becomes-Line0.png
I assume that the config file is not properly read or at least the checkboxes are not set properly. Everything else I experienced (like what happens when configuring 2 buses at once) is hard to line out and should probably be re-evaluated when this obvious bug is fixes.

I hope you can reproduce this and that my description helps fixing this!

Cheers
Nik