EFX Start offset calculation

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
fubarpatsharp

Hello there!

I frequently use EFX to achieve various impressive effects for my fixtures, and I find it useful to utilize the start offset. However, determining the appropriate offset value to evenly distribute my fixtures on moving patterns can be time-consuming. It becomes especially challenging when dealing with more than ten fixtures and attempting to spread them out over 360 degrees. Calculating the necessary quantity by multiplying that number with the fixture's queue is difficult to do mentally, especially when under pressure.

It would be ideal to have a feature that automatically calculates the offsets for fixtures, allowing them to be spread evenly on the pattern and a manual offset multiplier entry option would also be helpful.

Thanks!
phedders

This would be such a time saver....
Yestalgia

I need this too. Can you guys please post some standard offsets you use? I imagine it's going to look similar to the "Fan" options in V5.

I often use 30 and 90-degree offsets but I'm often jealous of MA users who can seemingly change this value on the fly.
GGGss

Yestalgia wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:30 am I often use 30 and 90-degree offsets but I'm often jealous of MA users who can seemingly change this value on the fly.
And you didn't mention wings, groups, offsets, ... the EFX engine in GMa is simply priceless...

Start using your EFX in relative mode. Now it comes to giving your heads a sexy start position to work with. This way you don't really have to make calculations unless you want the movements to be super tight.
My calculator allows me to do a + +. So 360/# of fixtures equals, + + doubles the value and then + + adds the first value again. (so 360/# of fixtures * 3 // *4 // *5 // etc)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
janosvitok

MagicQ allows "all the same", spread (=all different), split in 2 groups, 3 groups, 4, up to number of fixtures.
Yestalgia

GGGss wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:05 am My calculator allows me to do a + +. So 360/# of fixtures equals, + + doubles the value and then + + adds the first value again. (so 360/# of fixtures * 3 // *4 // *5 // etc)
Sounds like you have the logic worked out! Imagine if we could have a button/slider which applies those values either in the EFX itself or as part of the widget on the VC.