Validator error - capability ordering

Request a fixture definition here
netmindz

I think there may be a bug in the validator, if you list the capabilities in alphabetical order rather than numeric value the validator say you have overlapping values when you do not
Attachments
WLED-Moon-Modules-WLED.qxf
(18.24 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
MichelSliepenbeek

If you complete the capabilities range up untill 255 (so for Chanel Effect Picker add one more value: 188 - 255 Others), it will pass the test.

(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
netmindz

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:48 pm If you complete the capabilities range up untill 255 (so for Chanel Effect Picker add one more value: 188 - 255 Others), it will pass the test.

Thank you
netmindz

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:48 pm If you complete the capabilities range up untill 255 (so for Chanel Effect Picker add one more value: 188 - 255 Others), it will pass the test.

Hi Michel, you have't actually just completed the range, you have reset the ordering of the capabilities back to numerical order, not the alphabetical order I had them in, for easy access
MichelSliepenbeek

Will,

It wasn't me that changed the order, The Fixture Editor did that. :) ;)
If your definition is correct and complete it will only present the capabilities in order of (ascending) DMX values.

In fact, that it didn't change the order before, was the trigger for me to try the extra value.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"