Artnet plugin doesn't work with 127.0.0.1

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
prophy17

In the new version 4.12.6 on my notebook Acer with Windows 10 last version artnet plugin doesn't work with address 127.0.0.1. In my situation it doesn't work with input signals from this address. Maybe it doesn't work and with output signals too. I downloaded artnet.dll file from the old 4.12.3 version to the Plugins folder of the 4.12.6 version instead of the new version of the DLL file. After that artnet plugin works nice again with such address. What can it be?
kenact

127.0.0.1 is a tcp/ip loopback address. It can only be used to address whatever computer you are on. You cannot use it to communicate with any other device on your network.
prophy17

Thanks for your reply. But I use this plugin for connecting with artnet two programs in one computer - virtual DJ and QLC+ by 127.0.0.1 address. And so Excuse me, but I don't understand about what you say in such situations. By the way. Does it work on your compute, if it is in Windows 10? Best regards.
mcallegari

Please use the latest test version
This has been fixed months ago
kenact

prophy17 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:14 pm Thanks for your reply. But I use this plugin for connecting with artnet two programs in one computer - virtual DJ and QLC+ by 127.0.0.1 address. And so Excuse me, but I don't understand about what you say in such situations. By the way. Does it work on your compute, if it is in Windows 10? Best regards.
A loopback address is a distinct reserved IP address range that starts from 127.0.0.0 ends at 127.255.255.255 though 127.255.255.255 is the broadcast address for 127.0.0.0/8. The loopback addresses are built into the IP domain system, enabling devices to transmit and receive the data packets. The loopback address 127.0.0.1 is generally known as localhost.

TCP/IP protocol manages all the loopback addresses in the operating system. It mocks the TCP/IP server or TCP/IP client on the same system. These loopback addresses are always accessible so that the user can use them anytime for troubleshooting TCP/IP.

Whenever a protocol or program sends any data from a computer with any loopback IP address, that traffic is processed by a TCP/IP protocol stack within itself, i.e., without transmitting it to the network. That is, if a user is pinging a loopback address, they’ll get the reply from the same TCP/IP stack running on their computer. So, all the data transmitted to any of the loopback addresses as the destination address will not pop up on the network.

127.0.0.1 is the most commonly used loopback address; generally, 127.0.0.1 and localhost are functionally similar, i.e., the loopback address 127.0.0.1 and the hostname localhost; are internally mapped. Though, other loopback addresses are also accessible and can be used.