QLCMerge, a tool for differencing and merging

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
Ross

Working on lighting projects with two or more people poses concurrency problems. To solve this, I've started a tool to help identify where project files are different or divergent, and ultimately to help merge those changes back into a single inclusive project file. So far, the tool only provides a very simple command line interface and outputs the identified differences to the console. Maybe some of you will find that useful. :D

I am actively working on a show with another person (again), which will hopefully drive me to keep working on the as-yet-todo features, but I also need to actually finish the show lighting, so we'll see which comes first. ;)

I have published the tool and C# source code freely to GitHub!

https://github.com/RossTheHammer/QLCMerge
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

As you noticed, a QLC+ project follows an .xml structure.
Without checking your add-on, what about notepadd++ and the built-in xml-differ module? It shows me all the needed info.

A merge function would then again be very handy... I'm looking out to your finished version of it.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Ross

Yeah, GGGss, totally true, and I love the Notepad++ diff and colorizer. The current differencing report was pretty much a side effect of getting everything loaded and detecting the differences. The big work is still to come, where I'll have to renumber functions (and the corresponding references to those functions) as I merge two divergent projects back into one cohesive file. :)
Yestalgia

Thanks for posting!