More flexibility is coming!

A place where updates of QLC+ activities and technical articles are posted as if it was a blog
mcallegari

Over the years I realized how each and every QLC+ user would like to have a tailored version of the software for their own specific usage case.
So, a few months ago I started to investigate if any technological solution would help the project to acquire such extreme flexibility.
When all hopes were about the be lost, there I saw it! I asked it if it was OK to use it for my purpose and it replied with a short but very effective text message.
Its name is...ChatGPT, the new frontier of AI which will make all of us ignorant developers to be obsolete in the near future.
In fact, I haven't even had to integrate ChatGPT myself into QLC+. I asked it to do it and TADA, it was in!

It wrote all the necessary code to perfectly manage the QLC+ engine and it even wrote a simple interface where users can interact directly with the heart of QLC+.

For eample you can ask this simple question: "Hey QLC+ (yes, I adopted this friendly way to communicate with it), while fading out Scene '1423 random channels" change the behaviour of the first 104 LTP channels to HTP and blend them with Scene 'All ON' in a way that I can appreciate the color fading, but only of the Reds and the Blues"
Isn't that cool??

Another very simple test that I've done was: "Hey QLC+, write an ILDA plugin", and in 1 minute and 4 seconds the plugin was written.
It was also able to turn my open DMX clone into a multiverse adapter. Unfortunately it's limited to 14 universes because of processing power, but who am I to judge an AI work??

I'm finishing some tests (by mistake it started to control my apartment lights so I had to hit CTRL+C and review some code) but the outcome is very promising.
To make it clear this is a big leap forward, the next version will be QLC+ 8.0 (6 and 7 were quite bad apples...)

Soooo...stay tuned to be teleported into the future!
SPOPATT

You had me. Well done.
sbenejam

:D :D :D :D :D :D
April Fools!!!!!!!!!
DavidGrc

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GGGss

mcallegari wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:48 am while fading out Scene '1423 random channels" change the behaviour of the first 104 LTP channels to HTP and blend them with Scene 'All ON' in a way that I can appreciate the color fading, but only of the Reds and the Blues"
Isn't that cool??
For the budget of a GMa3 OnPc Command Wing, I could write you a macro on GMa for this. It will involve some quite nifty LUA add-ons, but hey: Why not?
Cheers
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

Hahaha