Can't get Midi running on Pi after rebuild

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
cheltgar

Hi
I had my Pi running with QLC+ taking an input from my foot pedal to change chasers. This was working as expected for quite some time. I had a problem with the config, and ended up refreshing the SD card.... now I can't get QLC to react midi messages.

I have now tried various SD cards, a Pi 2, 3 and 4 and still can't get it working. I will describe my steps, to see if I have missed anything stupid!

Flashed the image onto sd card - have tried with the official raspberry pi flashed and balena etcher. Image file was qlcplus_raspios_bullseye_20220828

Plug sd card in, add pi to network. Connect via the web browser - all works. Load project - works. Load fixtures using the web ui - works.
Created a new Input Profile on Universe 4. The Line 6 foot controller has switches mapped to output on midi channel 4.
In the Input profile I mapped the buttons using the wizard. Then in the Virtual Console mapped the buttons to trigger chasers to the External Input by choosing from the mapped universe.

This runs great on the Mac.

On the Pi, created a new directory /home/pi/qlctransfer from the terminal on the pi
I then copied the new Input Profile, using firezilla to that directory. These were copied over with the user and group pi pi
In the terminal on the pi navigated to that transfer directory. The file was there. Did Sudo bash then cp * /root/.qlcplus/inputprofiles
This correctly copied the file into /root/.qlcplus/inputprofiles. Owner became root:root. It has the same permissions as the fixtures that were copied using the web interface.

When I start the pi and use the web interface, I can set the Universe Configuration to Universe 4, Input [MIDI] HX Effects Midi 1 (which is the correct interface) and the profile to use the one I have just copied over.

However, unlike on the Mac, when I trigger the buttons nothing happens.
I'm sure the Helix is outputting the correct midi values - I can see it on the Mac with a midi monitor and also it works correctly on the Mac.

I have tried different pi's. I have tried being brutal with permissions and setting everything in root/.qlcplus to 777 (I know it's a bad idea, just trying to rule out a permissions issue).

This exact setup was working correctly the last time I built it - but I think I did do more with SCP, but I made quite a few errors on the way that time putting things in the wrong directory, before I found the correct one ie /root/.qlcplus/inputprofiles

Any ideas on what I could have got wrong
Cedrix

I don't know if it helps, but I discovered that the midi plugin settings were not saved with the project.
I control lights with 8 tracks of my x32 through the midi and to use the "mute" buttons with the faders, I have to configure the channels "1-16". When I loaded my project on my RPI4, I had to plug in a monitor to redo the midi plugin settings using the desktop version.