Crash on version 4.12.6

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Bombolla

hi! First of all thanks in advance. I'm using this program for a few months. Last weekend on a gig the program started to shut down while we were focusing. I'm using macBook pro, with Enttec USB Pro.
The showing error was:

qlcplus (695,0x700002e52000) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fb72e2b4970: pointer
being freed was not allocated
qlcplu (695,0x700002e52000) malloc *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break t
o debug
zsh: abort /Applications/QLC+.app/Contents/MacOS/qlcplus
Saving session...

After doing the patching the first thing was that two par leds wasn't receiving information, and we assigned a new adress and worked.
But the the program started to shutin down.
I had the fixture from Avolites Titan with .D4 Do i need to convert it into .qxf ? may be was that the problem?

Thanks again!! And I really apreciate any information.

Martin
GGGss

Bombolla wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:44 am I had the fixture from Avolites Titan with .D4 Do i need to convert it into .qxf ? may be was that the problem?
There is no way a .d4 file will fit QLC+.
The fixture will not even be within your project.
So I could not tell what happens...

And it crashes when you do what? Can you reply with steps to repeat?
Please send in your project file so we can have a look.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

D4 is still supported but with limitations.
I need the D4 file and the QLC+ project file.

@GGGss please be informed before giving sharp replies:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... parser.cpp
Bombolla

Thanks for the answer.

I will try to explain it better.

First I created the project at home. The people of the theatre said me the brand of the lights, it was a PAR PRO 270 6 in 1 led RGBWAUV, and I downloaded the fixture, from the same page (Avolite T1, .d4). I added this fixture into QLC but with the same extension, .d4 . The fixture showed up into the program and was able to make all the cues memories with it, and no shut down.
Once at the theatre, when we started to focus we plugged my computer, and the first thing was that two par leds (under the same adress) did not work, after that we changed the adress and was OK. But the program started to shut down. So I think that it is becouse of the fixtures under the extension .d4 . Does it make sense?
I'm at home without the computer that we used, as soon I get it I can send the project that we used.

Thanks again :)

Martin
Bombolla

Hi again,
I send the project of lights that I used last weekend.
For the fixture, I took it from this web: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

I hope it helps, I'm using a MacBook Pro (2011), with MacOs Big Sur 11.7.3, intelcore I7, (gb Ram)

Thanks!!!

Martin