Stop All Functions doesn't reset fader if it was set by OSC

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
nmaddix

I'm having a problem with faders and OSC and the Stop All Functions button.

It works as expect when I just interact with the Virtual Console, but when I use OSC I'm getting some odd and inconsistent behavior.

Tested on Windows and Mac v4.12.6

Setup:
I have a single generic fixture, and a single scene function that turns it on full
On the Virtual Console I have a single fader tied to the scene function, configured to respond to an OSC message /fader1 <float>
Also have a button set to be "Stop All Functions"

If I send a series of OSC messages from a control surface to move the fader in the Virtual Console, all works well. The problem occurs if I send a single OSC message by itself (I'm using OSC from an external program and not a control surface).

Steps:
I send a single OSC message "/fader1 1.0" to set the fader to max to start the scene function. It starts (light goes on).
Then I hit Stop All Functions on the VC
Now the scene function is stopped as expected (the light goes out), but the slider on the Virtual Console STAYS UP
Now sending the OSC message "/fader1 1.0" again does nothing. The scene does not start, presumably because the slider is already up.

The slider is stuck at max until I set it to another value other than max either by OSC or by the Virtual Console.

This never happens if I move the fader to max on the VC directly. In that case Stop All Functions always moves the slider down correctly.

I tried as a workaround to send "/fader1 0.9" followed immediately by "/fader1 1.0" when I want the fader all the way up. It works but only if there's a significant gap in time between the two messages, which isn't practical for my application. I was really expecting that to work so it's disappointing.

I attached my workspace. Anyone know any workarounds?
Attachments
OSC Fader Test.qxw
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 379 times