Chauvet Gigbar Move + ILS

Request a fixture definition here
deanlewko

Hi, could the Gigbar Move ILS (EU Version 52 Channel DMX) please be added?
MichelSliepenbeek

For 52 Channel Mode just use the following Definitions in the right order, with the right number:

2 * Par :
Chauvet-Par-On-Gigbar-Move.qxf
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
2 * Derby :
Chauvet-Derby-On-Gigbar-Move.qxf
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
1 * Flash :
Chauvet-Flash-On-Gigbar-Move.qxf
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by MichelSliepenbeek on Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

1 * Laser :
Chauvet-Laser-On-Gigbar-Move.qxf
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
2 * MH Spot :
Chauvet-MH-Spot-On GigBar-Move.qxf
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

If you want 30 Channel Mode, just use one of each. :) ;)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
deanlewko

Thank you Michel, this is very helpful.

I assume this will allow me to do EFX with the heads? I tried to do it before using raw DMX channels (no custom fixture) and it just made every fixture go haywire.

Thanks again :)
MichelSliepenbeek

I tried to do it before using raw DMX channels (no custom fixture) and it just made every fixture go haywire.
Might be that your fixture was set up in 3 channel mode and that you kicked in one of the Programs (that are on channel 1).

If you set QLC up to use 52 channels starting from 1 (by adding the fixtures i provided), you also have to set up your fixture to DMX 52 channel mode, starting on channel 1 (read the manual, page 23).

Now if you go to Simple Desk:
- slider1 should turn your first Par to Red,
- slider2 should turn your first Par to Green (or yellow if you didn't set slider 1 back to zero),
- slider3 should turn your first Par to Blue,
- Slider 8, 9 and 10 would do the same on your second par.
- Slider 15, 15 and 17 would do the same on your Derby.
- Slider 35 and 37 will make your first moving head to move, while 44 and 46 will do the same on MH2.

Be aware however that from "Setting up a Fixture" to "Doing EFX with the Heads" there is still a long way to go. :) ;)
deanlewko

Oh no I am fully aware of how to use the software + the gigbar in the right mode, but since the DMX channels weren't assigned to pan-tilt-zoom etc it wasn't working. Your profiles have fixed that.

Thanks!
Ledorian

Hello, will those downloads work with the USA version of the Gig bar move + ILS? the usa version has max 50 ch and not 52 ch
MichelSliepenbeek

The difference is only in the Laser (EU version = 3 channels, US version = 1 channel) .
I added the 2 modes to this fixture definition:
Chauvet-Laser-On-Gigbar-Move.qxf
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
In your case you should add it in 1 channel mode.
Ledorian

Ok thanks your reply helped me , i added all the following qxf files you provided (50Ch) to my fixture groups ( see attached)

par 1 & 2 controls
derby 1 & 2 controls,
Flash,
Laser control,
spot 1 &2 controls,

all the 50 faders work in the simple desk, but now i am just trying to create some scenes. what should i do? thanks so much!!
Last edited by Ledorian on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
MichelSliepenbeek

Ledorian

thanks i figured it out, i prefer using the simple desk mode to dump those values to a scene, was able to create some scenes thanks!!
Ledorian

Ok have one question... maybe there is no fix for this... but i have a red chase that goes from a red par, to a red derby , and a red spot (moving head) .. the issue is whenever it jumps to a moving head red spot, it flashes white before it can get to red.... im guessing its the moving head spot color red that has to cycle through white to get to red? is that normal on moving heads? this is looks strange when i play back my chase... any help is appreciated on this, thanks~
GGGss

And your moving head has a color wheel? Then this is an unwanted artifact. Add 2 steps to your chaser. For the one before the color change, you need zero intensity and a hold of what 50ms? The color change is the next step. The hold time of this step is equal to or slightly more than the time the color wheel needs to change its position. Now set the intensity back to the wanted value.
This method is called: move in black MiB.
To disguise the time needed to do the move, have your other fixtures fade out for the time (50ms) + the time needed to make the change. The other fixtures will dim down and come back up together with the moving head.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore