Custom fork sharing question

kproth

Question, mainly for @mcallegari:

I built a customized version of QLC, and pushed the code to a github fork, where I added a couple of new options to allow external input to have a bit more direct control over buttons and cuelists. This thread is talking about the challenge that I was trying to solve: viewtopic.php?p=67858#p67858.

Am I permitted to mention this custom version in that thread? I would of course point out that I wouldn't be keeping it up-to-date. Or would you prefer that I not call it out?

Thanks,
~ Kevin
edogawa

Anyone wanting to, can look through the list of 300+ forks of qlcplus. There's no reason to keep that secret, IMO.

I also maintain my fork to try out various bugfixes, play around iwith even other forks/features.

I am very respectful when it comes to sharing binaries that mess with what Massimo makes income from (RPi debs).
Same for my own builds of current QLC5 beta, in order to not add confusion in the bug reporting process. (The RPM I build doesn't behave well anyways, due to some Qt5 version problem I suppose)
Yestalgia

I'm interested in the fork.

I'd love to be able to spam a button on my midi controller to launch an instance of a "Bump" scene I have.

Please link it here.
kproth

Sorry for the delayed response, but I finally took time to catch my fork up to the latest upstream master and re-build everything.

Here's the link to the installers for my customized versions: kpr0th-2023-06-03_4.12.8-git_5.0.0-beta3

In addition to the new external-input options (for buttons and cuelists), I also have a couple of additional changes which are all described in the release note.

Note that the external-input options each have a new UI setting that persists into the .qxw show-file. If you then open this show-file in a qlcplus that doesn't have my changes, the new external-input settings won't hurt anything; but they will be lost if you save the show-file from a qlcplus without my changes...

Please let me know how you like these changes. I'm willing/able to submit pull requests for these changes if there's interest.
kproth

Yestalgia wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:45 am I'm interested in the fork.
I'd love to be able to spam a button on my midi controller to launch an instance of a "Bump" scene I have.
Please link it here.
FYI - I re-built my customizations for v5 (on top of the latest 5.0.0-beta3 release) and for v4 (on top of the current v4.12.8 code).

They are both available from here if you want to give them a go:
https://github.com/kpr0th/qlcplus/relea ... 2023-12-31