Using page dropdown messes up my console

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
kittyrobbins

Using QLC+ version 4.12.5

This is a weird glitch but it's not critical or urgent at the moment. I just don't want it to happen when it IS critical or urgent. :o

I have 4 pages in the virtual console. When clicking back and forth through them, all is well. But if I try to jump from page 4, for example, to page 2, everything shifts, my cue list disappears, etc. This only happens in Design mode; I can't replicate it in Run mode.

Here's a screen grab I made of the issue happening.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bz6j1v ... sp=sharing

Can anyone else make this happen or is it just my machine?
Running on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit desktop
mcallegari

I couldn't reproduce the issue on Linux with a multipage frame that I've got in a project.
Can you please share your project so that I can try to reproduce?
kittyrobbins

Sure, thanks!

Kitty
Attachments
SET default - SAVE AS your show.qxw
(76.71 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
kittyrobbins

P.S. It doesn't always happen on the first click like in the screen grab. Sometimes it happens after 4 or 5 clicks in the dropdown.
MichelSliepenbeek

It doesn't happen at all in my situation. Even after 10 to 20 clicks it remains stable.
But i'm still on 4.12.4.

On the other hand:
I'm surprised to see a Cue list with only one entry, which happens to be a scene with no fixtures connected????
I'm surprised to see 4 sliders on the right hand side of page 1 of the Dimmer Check Frame that do nothing.
I'm Surprised to see that the DMX adresses are used as logical Fixture names. It would make more sense if you use logical names with terms like Front or Rear, Top or Bottom, Left Or Right, Inside or Outside .
I'm surprised ...........
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
kittyrobbins

Soooooooooo is there a question in there, or did you just want to impress us all with how clever you think you are and how stupid you think I am?

This is a DEFAULT setup, and blank slate, a starting point, which each designer can then format and configure and label as they please, and create their own scenes and their own cue list, and their own channel groups and their own fixture monitor layout and everything else they might wish to customize...... after they start with our DEFAULT SETUP.

Since we strike lights after each show and then the next designer creates their own plot in which fixtures may be hung in different positions than the last show, putting "logical fixture names" on a DEFAULT SETUP would be less than helpful.

I'm surprised you couldn't discern all that from the file name, which is "SET default - SAVE AS your show."
MichelSliepenbeek

Let's go back to your first message where you ask: "Can anyone else make this happen ...... "
i Spend some time with no other intention than trying to help you. Unfortunately i couldn't reproduce it.

As i use QLC to light up a live band in a fixed set up without any volunteers our situations are incomparable.
it's not a matter of being clever or being stupid, we just use QLC in very different ways.

I'm sorry to see that you didn't appreciate my effort to help you.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
kittyrobbins

>> As i use QLC to light up a live band in a fixed set up without any volunteers our situations are incomparable.

Then why would you question how I use it? Classic passive-aggressive back pedaling.
GGGss

Gals, Guys, peace out please...

What I can see in the provided video is probably a glitch in the mouse behavior.
And indeed, I __can__ reproduce this behavior. If you click in the middle of the drop down box, (hold down the mouse button), and slightly move your mouse, the frame will shift to the right, placing itself above the chaser. Only to the right side; never to the left, ending up covering the chaser all over. I had to grab the middle of the title bar of the frame to readjust it back into original position.

Now about the glitch: @kitty - try another mouse. The signal 'may' be jerky with the one you use in the video. (Or you used your mouse on a glass plate or a badly readable surface... naming some)
If the mouse has a jitter in it signals, while selecting a page from the box (mousebutton is pressed during the moment of a click), the frame might move over because it sees jitter in your mouse-position signal.

Might seem a long shot to you, but plausible to me.

@kitty, your are in design mode, you can move things around. In produce mode, you cannot move things around (except editing live functions but __and__ changing pages __and__ wanting to change functions is very very unlikely). So I would declare it safe.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kittyrobbins

Ok, that's worth checking out. I'll have to find a wired mouse and give it a try.

Yes, it's safe in run mode; I just would hate to see a designer do a lot of configuration work in design mode without saving, and then have this happen so they lose all their work. I guess it's the same as with anything Windows... save often.

Thanks for your reply. :)