v5 for touring: "edit fixture" / "copy" / "morph" ?

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
giacomo

Hello,
in November I did a small performance with v5 and we'll play it again in March: does someone has a solution for venues with different fixtures?
If not, this is an important drawback for v5, we've used just 3 moving heads but the company cannot afford to rewrite each time all the show.
If "edit fixture" is not possible for any technical reason, could it be a solution to copy between fixtures?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15872
Or something like "morphing" the entire show between fixtures?
Thanks
Yestalgia

Show cloning is a very important feature for any lighting desk/program I agree.

Can you use the V4 editor with universe remap for now?
GGGss

^^ Giacomo is already a hvy v5 user ^^
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

I think the question aimed at whether the v5 workspace could be edited in v4 meanwhile, to overcome a missing feature.

I don't know if that would work, my imprssion was that the workspace file format is still compatible but I could be wrong...
giacomo

Freedje is right, I removed v4 because I cannot stand anymore the design/play paradigm and I cannot propose v4 to companies today,
the time on stage is short and the performers should have it, I cannot justify the extra time used for programming each time again the show.
Personally I'm not going to mix v4 and v5, first because I don't like the solution, second because you need a show programmed as for v4 at minimum:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14511
For me the solution is simple, if v5 is not ready I'll use something else, I did my part during the last 7//8 years.
edogawa

All that makes perfect sense, Giacomo, I just wanted to add my few cents and propose a possible workaround.