Is midi expected to be reliable on 4.X

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Sp4rKy

Hi !

I bought an APC mini (mk1) to connect to QLCPlus. The firsts tests I did were OK, but on a real file with 35 fixtures, and almost all of the 64 buttons assigned, all with custom feedbacks, it becomes really unreliable: Input/feedbck and profile are correctly (I think) configured

* When i start the show feedback is not send to buttons, I have to press them to light them up
* Very often, qlcplus just disconnect the APC (or the APC disconnect itself, not sure, but I can see it disappear and reapper in dmesg), in that case I can't do anything until i restart qlcplus completly

I'm, running Ubuntu 22.04.

Anyone already had such weird issues ?
edogawa

Faulty cable?

I've worked with up to 3 NanoKontrol2s via USB2.0 hub plus a BF2000 simultaneously without connection glitches. Not in Ubuntu but still Linux/ALSA MIDI...
sbenejam

I used two NanoKontrol2 in Ubuntu 22.04 and it works well. Possibly it's a faulty cable or connector.
janosvitok

Power issues may be another explanation (although that would show in logs). What USB devices do you have connected? Can you try powered hub?

Jano
Sp4rKy

Thanks for your answers, faulty cable was my first guess as well, but I tried 3 differents cables with same result. Also, it does not happen randomly but when I start the show.
I don't think it can be power issue, only have my dmx interface and the console plugged, and computer is not used on battery.

If it was a power issue, I'd expect midi feedback messages to be sent by qlcplus (at least before disconnect), but do not see any with midisnoop
Sp4rKy

Also, my dmesg is flooded with `urb status -32`when it disconnects if I activate usb hotplug in QLC+. Most of the search i did relates to midi device issue.
If I deactivate hotplug in qlc+ (and restart it) .

Guess it's not related to qlcplus directly but to linux itself, looking at https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?p=340012 for ex. But i got the very same issue without anything else plugged in usb . Will give windows a try ^^
Sp4rKy

So, finally reinstalled windows and everything works correctly, so definitively a bug with how linux manages usb 1 devices