Synconously play different tracks and control lights per track

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
epke

Hi All, I am a complete noob when it comes to QLC+ / DMX etc. but as an art project / proof of concept I am looking for a solution that can support the scenario where I want to be able to visualize the intensity of different sounds at the same time using coloured lights.

The test case that I want to implement is based on playing 3 wavs/tracks synchronously (from QLC+?) and accompany the sounds individuallly with 3 different coloured lights that change intensity based on amplitude/intensity per sound track (using audio triggers??)

Is there by any chance that this scenario can be implemented using QLC+?
I have attached a screenshot of a sketch that illustraties what I would like to achieve.
Attachments
audio to light syncronous.png
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

Synchronously as in 'at the same time'?
Piano and vocals frequencies will overlap; hence your audio-to-light detection will be off. So NO
Piano and bass frequencies will overlap; hence NO

For this to work you would need 3 audio sources and 3 spectrum analysers. I'm not sure QLC+ can use 3 different audio sources for the audio widget. That is: the audio will have to be played elsewhere (on another computer). QLC+ isn't capable of analysing the audio files it plays itself.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

I reckon I have a workaround for you. You could try and run multiple instances of QLC+ and use a different audio source in each.

Send all the data to Artnet, then use a passthrough universe in one of the instances of QLC+ to output to your OpenDMXUSB.

Let me know how it goes!
GGGss

Yestalgia wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:53 am I reckon I have a workaround for you. You could try and run multiple instances of QLC+ and use a different audio source in each.

Send all the data to Artnet, then use a passthrough universe in one of the instances of QLC+ to output to your OpenDMXUSB.

Let me know how it goes!
Negative, QLC+ isn't able to select the audio source in detail. You can select the device, but not the channel f.i.
Quickly tried it with Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 on Windows
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

On Ubuntu you can create many virtual devices to route audio signals as you need. In QLC+ you can set this audio devices to an specific audio track and connect this virtual devices to the desired outputs, insert effects and more.