Speed dial for all functions inside a frame

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
wolskey

I'm bit tried of adding all functions one by one to speed dial when creating a frame with many different rgb matrix functions/scenes. Is there possibility to make option for linking all buttons (or cues) inside a frame to the speed dial automatically?
Ayato

I'm not sure I understand, you can assign as many functions as you want in the first edit page of the Speed Dial widget, it's pretty fast. (talking about QLC 4 here)
GGGss

The OP was asking a submaster functionality for the Speed Dial. All within a frame would be influenced.
I personally am not convinced about this feature. When working with speeds, I have 2 to 3 speed dials.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

wolskey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:02 pm I'm bit tried of adding all functions one by one to speed dial when creating a frame with many different rgb matrix functions/scenes.
I feel your pain. However, it might be better to make a speed dial the "default" for new functions somehow.

I try my best to keep all my matrixes in one speed dial, then movements in another. But everyone has a different way of setting out their console. (this is the beauty of the QLC+ platform)
giacomo

+3 for Sebastian Wolski: simple, fast and versatile, if you play live busking you know it. (colors, positions, beams...)
Like for the sub-master slider, with a mode switch everybody will be happy, if you don't need it don't use it.
@Yestalgia: your proposition doesn't solve the problem because you've to make the decision before you record all the functions.
Flexibility should be the goal, I had the same idea of Sebastian tonight after a concert and I was going to post this feature request ;)
MichelSliepenbeek

If you organise your work (use naming standards, subfolders etc), you only need a Click (on the First one) and a Shift-Click (on the last one). :) ;)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
giacomo

If you do live busking you don't have the day before to prepare your workspace and program the colors on your midi controller, when you're lucky you've 3 hours before the concert.
I prefer to drop functions in the frames and then reorganize the workspace in 1 minute if needed, even do changes live.
You can still organize yourself with naming, subfolders etc etc if you've time, you're not obliged to use it and I don't understand why people doesn't want to simplify things :)) :))
Also, I'm not sure that in v5 it will be possible to do shift-selection.
wolskey

Yes, I also find 5 not suiting my workflow. I sometimes even dont know on what type of lights i will preform (which result in switching qlc to design mode to add fixture mid show sometimes XD).
GGGss

wolskey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:10 am which result in switching qlc to design mode to add fixture mid show sometimes XD
Ouch - this is really bad preparation. This should really not be the case. You have to know I always have 8 empty buttons and 4 empty sliders ready to use then for whatever reason I decide later into the show. I tough never switch into design mode while in show. This causes total blackout. DO not do this!
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
wolskey

I had such occasion only twice in last 2 years. I managed to sneak blackout (and even fixtures going into auti-mode for 2 sec) as part of the show just to add recently defined fixture that manual just had been found. :D