QLC+ not receiving correct MIDI Notes from Logic via IAC

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
hiimflake

Hello there,

I'm currently trying to set up QLC+ (4.12.6) on my MacBook (Big Sur 11.4) to control 4 Eurolite Pixbar 144s.
I got as far as being able to control the lights manually from QLC in the Virtual Console, however once I try to control them via MIDI QLC+ won't trigger the right actions.
They sometimes won't register at all, sometimes only some of them, sometimes it does not work whatsoever.

I checked that the correct MIDI Output is selected in Logic (both as External MIDI Track and with the external MIDI Plugin) also evident since it every now and then triggers a single note correctly and then freezes.
I checked that I'm putting in the correct notes, also evident in them sometimes working for a single note. Even went as far as going down the whole scale to see if anything lights up. Some things do, some things don't. Randomly.

I got some of the functions to work in Reaper with the same MIDI file, but again only some.

It all seems completely random and it's become incredibly frustrating to deal with. Does anyone know if there's a setting or anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
hiimflake

Quick addition to this:
When I start playing in Logic the Joystick in Universes lights up for around a second and then turns off again. Not sure what causes this.
GGGss

hiimflake wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:48 am Quick addition to this:
When I start playing in Logic the Joystick in Universes lights up for around a second and then turns off again. Not sure what causes this.
If there is a foreign signal coming in, the joystick wiggles.

You always need a double command. If you send a note, you need the same note again before you can send it again.
Let me explain this better: note comes, state goes up, things are done. Note comes again, state goes down, nothing happens. Now note comes again, state goes back to up, things happen.
Unless you create an input profile and set the option: "Generate an extra Press/Release when toggled"

And then you might have to rethink your workflow. Do you want to be in direct control of your lamps in Reaper? Or are you sending a trigger to QLC+ and letting QLC+ play its scenes, chasers, EFX, ...
The latter solution is preferable because you split the workload so to speak.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore