srcrollable Frames & Flow layout

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Ayato

Hi!

The title pretty much says it all ;)

I would love to have the option to scroll within my Frames.
Sometimes I put a lot of widgets in a Frame and it can become particularly tall, which makes the layout in the VC a bit... random and confusing. :D

It would also be great if when minimizing a frame the ones below took up the empty space.

Thanks for reading!
mcallegari

Have you considered to use frame pages instead of scrolling?
giacomo

me yes Massimo!
We've already spoken in the past, there were some issues regarding feedbacks controls, why not to use multiple VC pages?
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15904

I like the idea to use multiple pages instead of nested frames (for saving space), it would help to keep things simple and neat,
have you change idea about locked pages?
my proposition was:
"I was not aware of your intentions about multiple pages, nevertheless why not allow feedbacks?
One could lock a page to hide the complexity or to not touch inadvertently some functions, it would be more useful to "disable" a page according to your idea.
I think it's would be very handy to split the VC in multiple pages, to keep things ordered and to not have a big window that doesn't fit the screen."
MichelSliepenbeek

i had the problem that i had far too many functions on my Virtual Console and made a kind of a "Function Launcher".
Maybe this might help you in your situation.

It is based on Multi Page Frames and uses Loopback to Control it.

On the left side you will find 6 grey Buttons that act like a Menu, they skip the pages in the frame Right to it.
(As i have placed a Lable on top off the Arrow Buttons of the Multi Page Frame, just to cover them, you might not recognise it as such. Just move the Lable away).

On the top of each Launcher you'll find my interpretation of a Speed and Fader Control.
I use two separate Speed Dials (one for Speed and one for Fade Time).
For general use you can use the Fast - Medium - Slow buttons. For Fine Tuning, press the "X button" and you can use Sliders.
Attachments
Loopback-Example.qxi
(2 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Example.qxw
(884.26 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Last edited by MichelSliepenbeek on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
giacomo

Hi Michel and thanks for the help, if you're answering to me I was proposing new features in v5.