Slow Startup on Mac and PC (resolved-ish) / Crashing

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
SPOPATT

Hello,

I figure there is an issue I am not seeing so I am hoping for an extra set of eyes. I understand my project has a lot of pixels so it could perhaps be that (though I would appreciate an explanation just to assist in my understanding). I have tried this on an M1 MacBook Air with 16gb of memory (Running the latest MacOS) and an 8th generation Intel PC with 16gb of memory running Linux and then Windows 10, now Windows 11 (honestly due to my curiosity).

I have cleared the IO map as recommended in other threads but I haven't had any luck. The pixel controller I am using is linked here: https://pixelcontroller.com/store/produ ... f16v3.html

I have noticed that this project opens at a very reasonable speed on version 5. I am getting familiar with it but I am not yet ready to make the switch. I began to experiment with it more as requested with the latest release but I do not trust it yet the way I do 4.

If you need any more information, I would be more than happy to share details with you. This community has been awesome to me and any guidance or explanation is very much appreciated.
Attachments
Dash Room Lights.qxw
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Last edited by SPOPATT on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenact

I can only guess that the size of your QXW file is causing the slow load time. On one of my systems it also loads slowly on QLC+ 5. Your file is 12 times larger than my largest file.

Once loaded, does it run the way you expect?
Yestalgia

How many universes are you running?
sbenejam

First issue, qlcplus is trying to connect to line2. In my laptop I have now two E1.31 IP's 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.41 this IP's are line 0 and line 1. Maybe you have saved your project with 3 IP's activated localhost, ethernet IP and WiFi IP.

[Universe] setOutputPatch - ID: 3 , plugin: "E1.31" , output: 2
[E1.31] cannot open line 2 (available: 2 )
Time is late by 11 seconds

This is sequence is repeated for all 26 universes.
Opening the project with an editor you can change " Line="2" with " Line="1" or open your project with a computer with 2 network connections plus localhost.

<Universe Name="Universe 4" ID="3">
<Output Plugin="E1.31" UID="None" Line="2"/>
</Universe>

Second issue: Qlcplus is trying to load a bunch of png images that cannot found in the project path.
[RGBImage] Failed to load "/home/sbenejam/Baixades/Lighting Designs/Pixel Rounds Red Border.png"
[RGBImage] Failed to load "/home/sbenejam/Baixades/Lighting Designs/Pixel Rounds Yellow Border.png"

EDIT: I posted some time ago a similar issue opening a project with many artnet universes.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14670&p=61695&hilit=aillats#p61695
SPOPATT

kenact wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:15 pm I can only guess that the size of your QXW file is causing the slow load time. On one of my systems it also loads slowly on QLC+ 5. Your file is 12 times larger than my largest file.

Once loaded, does it run the way you expect?
It is a fairly massive file comparatively, I will admit. I am fearing I am reaching the limits of QLC+ which would actually suck because I adore the project.
Yestalgia wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:44 pm How many universes are you running?
There are 26 in the entire project with 2 of theme being left blank to leave room for expansion for normal stage lighting. I do a lot of custom pixel based lights though so that is where most of the universes come in.
sbenejam wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:26 pm First issue, qlcplus is trying to connect to line2. In my laptop I have now two E1.31 IP's 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.41 this IP's are line 0 and line 1. Maybe you have saved your project with 3 IP's activated localhost, ethernet IP and WiFi IP.

[Universe] setOutputPatch - ID: 3 , plugin: "E1.31" , output: 2
Time is late by 11 seconds

This is sequence is repeated for all 26 universes.
Opening the project with an editor you can change " Line="2" with " Line="1" or open your project with a computer with 2 network connections plus localhost.

<Universe Name="Universe 4" ID="3">
<Output Plugin="E1.31" UID="None" Line="2"/>
</Universe>

Second issue: Qlcplus is trying to load a bunch of png images that cannot found in the project path.
[RGBImage] Failed to load "/home/sbenejam/Baixades/Lighting Designs/Pixel Rounds Red Border.png"
[RGBImage] Failed to load "/home/sbenejam/Baixades/Lighting Designs/Pixel Rounds Yellow Border.png"

EDIT: I posted some time ago a similar issue opening a project with many artnet universes.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14670&p=61695&hilit=aillats#p61695
I will give your first suggestion a try. That would make sense since this project has been on a few PCs at this point.
As for the images that aren't loading, there is a folder the project lives in where images exist for the pixel matrixes I have created.
I'll also check out the forum link. I really appreciate the thoughts.

I'll update after trying.
SPOPATT

That helped a bit. I am thinking it is the number of LEDs that is making it slow to start. My issue recently has been QLC+ crashing on me. It has to be something with this particular save because it occurs on Linux, MacOS, Windows 10, and Windows 11.

Is there a known issue with QLC+ not being equipped to handle 12 identical matrixes? There are 12 matrixes with 256 pixels each. I mirror all of them and have made collections. This QLC+ installation sits inside a folder that has photos, gifs, and custom art I've put together. This folder isn't present at the top of this thread as it is fairly large. If I need to find a way to include it, I can. I appreciate everyone's assistance on this.
sandinak

FWIW .. I have run several shows >50 Universes and over ~7k LEDs. The more current versions are a bit more stable but overall i've had very good experience using v4 with these setups. That being said, if you're using 12 x 256LED matrixes that are mirrored, could you use a single set of U that represents 1x256 and have the pixel controller listens to and does the replication for you?