udmx Windows 11 driver breaking

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
jonwade92

So I've had things working on 2 other computers for several months without issues. Current set up is a lixada udmx dongle running from QLC+ to artnet-to-dmx using the libusbk drivers.
We recently got a new laptop and I've had a ton of issues getting set up. Finally got the drivers installed and windows kept disconnecting the dongle, so I blocked all the USB controllers from shutting devices down to save power and that made things work a little longer.

Now what I'm running into is that after several songs the dongle stops responding. Checking device manager the device goes from all good to having the warning sign over the driver. I have to uninstall the driver, disconnect the device, plug it back in, uninstall it again, then reinstall the driver. If I try reinstalling the driver after one uninstall it says that windows could not install the driver because the device could not start (code:10).

Ive tried using zadig with no luck, I've tried both the win32 and winusb drivers, but both of those disconnect/break even faster. The amount of time the driver works before breaking seems to be completely random.
Sometimes the fixture will just freeze while on and sometimes it stops responding while off. Disconnecting the device and reconnecting will sometimes refresh it and allow it to work but other times it shows up with the exclamation over the driver and wont respond. We'll probably be upgrading to an entecc eventually to get around all of this nonsense but for now I need to get this up and running ASAP.

any thoughts?
bosko1333

Try plugging it through the USB hub. It was workaround solution for me.
GGGss

bosko1333 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:32 pm Try plugging it through the USB hub. It was workaround solution for me.
Powered hub I suppose?
There is no specification available on how much power the interface needs... so if it's above 500mA, the USB port on the computer won't be very happy...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
bosko1333

I do not know if it is the same problem, but my USB HUB UA0139 saved me some trouble with udmx issues.