Fixture interaction with RGB Matrix

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Hotdjuman

Hello everyone!

I've been working with QLC+ for a very short while now, love the software, but I am having difficulties with some fixtures in regards to an RGB matrix. I have included in this post my project as well as both LP-LED 2X and 4X from Yorkville custom fixtures (thank you @magicaltrevor70). I am quite the newbie in lighting, and I welcome constructive advice and help about everything. Thank you in advance.

I am trying to include the LP-LED 2X and 4X fixtures in newly-created RGB matrices (as seen in the project under Functions--RGBMatrix--New RGB Matrix Atmo), have them coordinated in some pattern. I have the monitor open, in 2D view or DMX view, and cannot seem to have those fixtures working properly. That hints to me that some control of the LP-LEDs isn't working. It could be in the fixture itself or in the fixture group, I unfortunately don't know. I can easily add the LP-LEDs to scenes (such as CYAN), so maybe the operating modes for them aren't friendly when it comes to matrices. For example: LP-LED 4X 2, in Universe 2, in DMX view on the monitor, shows a value of 255 under addresses 009 and 014 (which controls Intensity), but 000 under adresses 019 and 024. I don't seem to understand why.

How can I fix this? I would enjoy having a good representation of the show before I acquire the fixtures themselves (unfortunately I cannot acquire them any earlier than one day prior to the show...), and I appreciate from the bottom of my heart any and all help you can give me.

Thank you very much and have an excellent day.

Hotdjuman
Attachments
Yorkville-LP-LED4x.qxf
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Yorkville-LP-LED2x.qxf
(10.51 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Concert 04-02-23.qxw
(161.95 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
GGGss

If I create a new RGB matrix with Stripes f.i. It works.
I think the problem is that when a matrix is already present, you can add fixtures to the group but somehow the matrix does not include the newly added fixture in its function.
You have to rebuild the matrix.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

So, the "DMX View" isn't as robust as we might want. I use RGB Matrix all the time, and you can expect that if your definitions are right .. the layouts you define in the Fixture Group will be used correctly on stage; but may not appear as you expect in the DMX View. Mostly has to do with fixture size and how that translates; and colors aren't necessarily represented as you might expect because IIRC it only understands RGB ..but not W.
Hotdjuman

Hello to both of you,

Thank you for the quick replies. Indeed, DMX view is not perfect, I found that out the last time I used QLC+. Also, I have rebuilt the matrices from the ground up, see if that achieved anything.

I think I have found a workaround, it requires I force, in the Simple Desk tab, all LP-LEDs to have their intensity at 255 at all times, which then allows the RGB to work properly in the matrices, in DMX and 2D view. Why? Again, I don't know. If there is a better way to fix such a thing, please let me know, I appreciate your replies and insight.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,

Hotdjuman
GGGss

You have to give some fixtures an intensity value - or by a slider in level mode or as you did through the simple desk.
For all my lights in theatre, I have a full scene and use the submaster feature to limit them nicely.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore