Midi (Akai APC mini) suddenly won't work anymore

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
metalshot

Hello

I've build a light setup and "rebuild" a APC mini and assigned the knops

at first everything works fine. i was able to assign all knops and fader and it works well. (by hand, assign&pressing every single knop)
The playback works well.

then i wanted to bring some colour. At first i'Ve forgotten to set the akai as passthrou (? in german its "Rückmeldung" at the in/output tab), so i dit it now. after that i set on every single knop a own featback with lower 2 higher 8 (all time green, flashing red if active), nothing works anymore.

i also reset any midi and change the midi-input to another universe. sometimes the new reassigning of a knop works, but if i start the show, nothing happens if i klick on the APC. Even if the midi-output is disabled, the input didn't work.

also i have never set a profile for the APC mini, because i assign the knops by hand, not by lokking for it in the endless dropdown menue.

If also tried to uncheck all midi - save - close QLC - plug out the APC - reload QLC+projekt - check anything midi is disabled - save another time - close&open QLC - and try to set all midi new at a new universe, it won't work :-(

any idea?
thx
Flo
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-01-05 20-52-48.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-01-05 20-48-51.png
GGGss

Flori,
There has a numeration problem occurred. In the input/output tab, select the line of your APC mini + 1 for the feedback. (In your screenshot this would be OS2L).
Or try the latest test-version build. Massimo is looking into it right now.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

It also is recommended to use a separate universe for each midi device.
In your screenshot, it would read to me that you are thru putting DMX output via midi. (!) Pay attention to this.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

Go to Inputs/Outputs and activate the universe the Akai APC Mini is connected to (in your case it would be PAR).
If you now push any button on the APC a joy Stick symbol should occur on the Right Hand Top Side of the "Universe Bar" .
This will confirm that QLC is receiving data from the APC.

If it doesn't, you have a communication problem. Although this could be caused by a lot of things (defective APC, cabling, windows USB mapping), first check if the APC is initialised as it has to be.

Go to Input Outputs, activate the Par Universe and click on the Line where you did set your APC for Input and Feedback (this is exactly what you did when you made the screen shot) and now click on the Toolbox Icon on the Left Bottom Side of the screen.

Check for the Init Message.
If it is missing (or for another fixture), this might be the explanation why your APC isn't working.

Furthermore i Advise you to use the Input Profile. QLC needs it to properly map to the APC (when to send CC's or Notes, and which values).
Attachments
Schermopname (1).png
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"