Copy/Paste in Show duplicates function

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
isoparmesan

learning QLC+ to build a lighting show for my band. The way I've been going about it is building functions, then making a "show" for various sections of songs, and then triggering those with midi notes coming from my sequencer.

When working in the show view, I often want to do something like trigger a light to fire on every quarter note. This is easy enough, but I've noticed that if I select a region on one of the tracks, copy, and paste it to the next quarter note, it will actually duplicate the function instead of just referencing the same function. Is this intended behavior, or a bug? If it's intended, is there a way to avoid it?

I'm just trying to reduce the number of clicks I need when building sequences.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

You have to realise that the show part of QLC+ is not a timecode based instrument. You may experience (precision) timing issues.
It is intended that if you copy and paste items, they are duplicated in the back end also. If you want to reuse scenes, you will have to include them again. But since you are talking about 'firing every quarter note', wouldn't it be better to use a chaser and include this one on your tracks?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
isoparmesan

GGGss wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:22 am Welcome to the forum,

You have to realise that the show part of QLC+ is not a timecode based instrument. You may experience (precision) timing issues.
It is intended that if you copy and paste items, they are duplicated in the back end also. If you want to reuse scenes, you will have to include them again. But since you are talking about 'firing every quarter note', wouldn't it be better to use a chaser and include this one on your tracks?
I’m using chasers as well, but I’m finding the timing is more accurate when placing stuff on the timeline. Timing accuracy could be due to my DMX adapter which doesn’t have on board processing.