QLC+ on a cutie PI

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
stefan531

Hello everyone,
Has anyone trid using QLC+ on a cutie PI?
I'm thinking of doing so with an electroconcept hf DMX output and either a nanokontrol or a BCF 2000 as an input.

If anyone has an idea if this would work or not, please tell me!

Thanks a lot
Yestalgia

Hi there,

Do you mean this company/product? https://www.electroconcept.fr/dmx_hf/?

Looks like a solid little product. Would be keen to see what you can come up with. Which specific version are you thinking of using?

The BCF2000 is a great choice - plenty of resources available to show you how to make it work.
stefan531

Hi
Do you mean this company/product? https://www.electroconcept.fr/dmx_hf/?
Hi,
Yes this is what I use
I put receivers in my dimmers and my Led Bars.
Works perfectly, quite simple to implement if soldering is not an issue (very well explained in the users manual)
My setup is quite simple, two led bars (stairville clb8) on 5 channels and a 4 channel dimmer piloting 6 PARS.
1 smoke machine aswell.

I also use qlc to launch audio tracks for the juggling acts via the bcf.

Never had any trouble except that the bcf doesn't like cold weather. I often play in ski resorts and i had to install central heating in my setup... :D
as far as versions are concerned i think I have the emitter V2.2 and receivers V4.

Any idea about the "Cutie PI"?
Yestalgia

Hey!

That's really funny about the heating. Good to know if I'm ever in cold weather (I don't think it gets that cold here in Aus).

As far as I can see, the Cutie PI is just a Raspberry Pi 4 (CM4102000) in a nice enclosure. If this is the case then I'm sure it will work fine.

How does the electroconcept hf currently connect with your setup?
stefan531

The electroconcept emitter is connected to the raspberry via usb. The dmx signal is emitted via hf and xlr, you can even connect them both at the same time if you have some hf unequipped fixtures.

For the heating, never say never, maybe "winter is coming " with climate change... :D

Thanks for the info about the cutie pi, maybe I'll give it a try
I'm a bit afraid of screen size issues, it's already a bit tricky on my 10 inch, so I fear the 8 inch...
GGGss

If screen size is an issue during programming, I use anydesk or VLC and use a bigger screen during setup.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
stefan531

GGGss wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:04 pm If screen size is an issue during programming, I use anydesk or VLC and use a bigger screen during setup.
Hello,
I program on my laptop in my office, so screen size is not an issue at this moment.
During shows, if i encounter a problem, i sometimes have to modify the file, and most of the time, it's urgent and I have to be very efficient and then screen size issues are really a pain in the ass...
But when everything goes well, I just need to start qlc and load the file, then screen size issues are no problem...

I guess I'll have to try in order to know...
Yestalgia

Keep us posted with pics and stuff.

Happy to sponsor a copy of the official Pi build if it makes it easier for you.