New Fixture Definition not showing up in QLC+

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
therevsally

First try at adding a new fixture using the Fixture Definition Editor. I tried importing it into QLC+ but it is not showing up on my list of fixtures to add. This is a cheap wall wash light, 9 LEDs Wash Strobe Par, 9 LEDs UV Light Bar sold under several names. Could someone review this and tell me what I did wrong? I have imported other light definitions from this forum and they showed up just fine. SINCERELY grateful for all the people who are sharing their files!
Attachments
Riukoe-Specs.jpg
Riukoe-PL-WV009.qxf
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Riukoe-Specs.jpg
GGGss

A DMX chart would be helpful...
At first sight there is no problem with the definition.
Did you copy this definition to the right directory? Since the latest version, you can simply include the fixture definition inside your QLC+ directory.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

AFAICS there's nothing wrong with your qxf file (haven't used the validator though)...

I've downloaded it, copied it to my linux "user fixture" directory (~/.qlcplus/fixtures/), and it showed up in the fixture list the next time I started QLC+.
therevsally

I created a new file folder in the /qlc+/fixtures/ directory named Riukoe, then copied the file into the file folder. But I downloaded another definition to see if I could add it like I did the U'King fixture definitions, and it didn't show up in the options to add a fixture either, so i am not sure why. QLC+ did keep freezing yesterday so maybe I need to re-install? I have attached the only 2 pages that I found from the DMX manual for this fixture for review. Thank you both for answering, again I appreciate the help!
Attachments
RiukoePL-WV009-dmx-channel-manual.pdf
(136.94 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
RiukoeSpecs.pdf
(101.46 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Yestalgia

If you're using Windows you want to put it here:
C:\Users\[Your Username]\QLC+\Fixtures

Hope this helps.