MIDI-Triggered Sliders In Solo Frames are not Soloing

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
the5thmaasen

Hello! I have two sliders. When I move one up, the other goes down as they are supposed to. However, when I trigger the slider with MIDI, the other does not deactivate. See video.
This issue only occurs when triggering the slider via MIDI. MIDI just happens to be the primary way all of our lights are triggered.

The reason I'm not just using buttons for this is that I don't want triggering the MIDI note twice to just turn the lights off.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to make it so that buttons don't toggle back off when pressed a second time, that would also suit my needs. I currently have a workflow issue where a lighting operator will trigger the MIDI note twice on accident on occasion, and all the lights associated with that cue will turn off. I am trying to accomplish the same thing using faders, since sending a MIDI note twice to a fader does not seem to turn it off.

Thanks for your help!
edogawa

It shouldn't do, and doesn't do what the video shows, for me.

I tested in Linux with VMPK (virtual keyboard, using modulation wheel and breath controller messages for the two faders), and in Windows10 with a NanoKontrol2 board.

I'm attaching my test workspace as configured in Win10.
Attachments
soloframe-midi.qxw
(3.94 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
the5thmaasen

Thanks for helping out edogawa!

I also have a NanoKontrol2, and it gives me the results you experienced as well. However, what I am doing is sending midi using a MIDI to USB adapter from basically a MIDI keyboard source. It just sends one pulse of the MIDI note, and even in the file you uploaded it has the same issue for me when I control it using MIDI notes.

I wish there was a way to make the buttons just not toggle. If I could make the buttons only "Activate" instead of Toggling on/off with each press, I'd be in business. Lightkey has that feature I believe.