Can't toggle scene when QLC+ is minimized

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Hxmme

Hello,

I assigned toggle buttons to my scenes, also I mapped these buttons to an Elgato Streamdeck.
The buttons work fine as long as the QLC+ screen is selected, as soon as I minimize QLC+ or click on a different program the toggle buttons are not recognized anymore.

Is there a way to fix this so the buttons can be pressed regardless of the QLC+ screen being active?

Thanks in advance.
kenact

This is a function of the OS. Keystrokes are only recognized by the window in focus. If you have 2 text windows open, and press the page down or page up key, only the window in focus will react. It is the same for QLC+. If your project window isn't in focus, you cannot control it.
Yestalgia

You can use a midi controller if you want to have it still function while the window is minimised! :)
jcwayne

Using the Web Requests plugin for Stream Deck to send websocket messages to QLC+ has worked well for me. Tip: the url to send messages to is ws://127.0.0.1:9999/qlcplusWS
Yestalgia

jcwayne wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:00 am Using the Web Requests plugin for Stream Deck to send websocket messages to QLC+ has worked well for me. Tip: the url to send messages to is ws://127.0.0.1:9999/qlcplusWS
That's a great idea!
mbrightman80

This is getting a little beyond my skills... I grabbed the web requests plugin for stream deck, thanks for the tip on the url. Is there a list of requests that will trigger QLC+? I'm just trying to switch to a different scene when I push a button on the stream deck. Thanks for your help!
GGGss

mbrightman80 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:28 pm This is getting a little beyond my skills... I grabbed the web requests plugin for stream deck, thanks for the tip on the url. Is there a list of requests that will trigger QLC+? I'm just trying to switch to a different scene when I push a button on the stream deck. Thanks for your help!
Next step will be to discover the possibilities of using the QLC+ api. https://www.qlcplus.org/Test_Web_API.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore