Best OS for high number of pixels

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
SPOPATT

Greetings,

My stage layout currently has a decently high pixel count. I'm pushing around 6,000 and I am curious as to what OS (Windows, Linux, MacOS) would be best to use for this use case? Also, do pixels hit the CPU or system memory more?

Thanks!
GGGss

You are pushing 6000 pixels thru what?
Simply asking for an O.S. without mentioning your configuration, is kind of meaningless.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

Assuming you're pushing across the network .. I use macOS to drive north of 6000 pixels across ~52 universes on ArtNet; and I've used linux off of Raspi for smaller sets. Has worked well. That being said, Any reasonably setup system ( gig NIC, enough CPU/Memory to drive QLC etc.. ) should be able to handle what you're wanting to do. Make sure you test, test, test.
SPOPATT

I was assuming there was some standard. I am using one of these https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... tBWm_Gtq3-

If there isn't a general benefit to any particular OS then I would agree the question doesn't matter.