QLC+ with high DPI screens

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
criwo

Hi Forum,

I am a longtime usere of QLC+. I recently renewed my computer, now I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro with a high resolution display (2736 x 1824).
I have checked this link: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... swers.html
But somehow it seems I can not get it working.
I have added this to the QLC+ shortcut: C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe SET QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1

My old QLC+ desk is still shown very slow on my new computer, as pixels are mapped 1:1.
Can someone help me and explain the steps from link above? Maybe I did something wrong.

Best regards!
GGGss

criwo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:07 pm ... he QLC+ shortcut: C:\QLC+\qlcplus.exe SET QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1
This one is wrong. You have to set an environmental variable.
Verify with [windows]+[R] cmd + [enter]
Now you get a dos box. Enter the command SET + [enter]
All environmental variables will be listed.
For the Qt libraries to work correctly, it needs this variable: QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1
manually enter "SET QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1"
and start QLC+.
Now, this should work.

The document you are referring to does the same, but not manually: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "SET QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1 && START /D ^"C:\QLC+^" qlcplus.exe"
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
criwo

Thank you, GGGss! But unfortunately also your well described method does not change the look of QLC+ on my machine.
Runnning the command "SET QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1" in the command windows is accepted, meaning there is no error message.
GGGss

and what if you use the scale factor of 2? Then everything should be the double size.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
criwo

Thanks again!
I gave it a try, and it has not changed anything. Does the scaling need to be enabled elsewhere?
GGGss

I was wrong ... it's supposed to be boolean. So 0 or 1.
criwo

Anyone else with an idea, what could be the missing link?

Is someone else using QLC+ on a high resolution display?